WildSurvive Forum
Docwatmo

Hello all from another Iowan

LOL! :) I'm makin my way out there to meet him someday! He's a great guy and a great Dad. So when I get into matching shots of tequila with him....I'll ask. :P (he hasn't a chance, I'm a 10 year veteran US navy sailor)

You'll have a tough time, Iowans are like the Irish without all the green ;)  LOL

I knew a few sailors in my time.  My father in law was a sailor so we go at it once in a while, lots of fun.  One of the things I miss most is the inter service rivalry.  Good times good times.

I'll throw one back with you too (we'll call it the "two Watson handicap" LOL),  if you make it to this neck of the woods.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

I did give a cop his name and social security number once, i was driving his truck and i didnt have a licence. he let me off with a warning for a burned out tailight.  or i should say he let docwatmo off with warning...  :whistle:

It's a Rune I made when I was in high school.  Dug it out of a box of stuff about 8 months ago going through old boxes in the storage shed.  (Talk about a blast from the past  :dj:),  Worked it up into a Photoshop image. 

I merged the Uruz and Kenaz runes into a single rune.  It stands for "Courage through Inner Strength". 

It's a Rune I made when I was in high school.  Dug it out of a box of stuff about 8 months ago going through old boxes in the storage shed.  (Talk about a blast from the past  :dj:),  Worked it up into a Photoshop image. 

I merged the Uruz and Kenaz runes into a single rune.  It stands for "Courage through Inner Strength". 

~ they taught you about Runes?  :dontgetit:  In Iowa?  :unsure:

Good thing we cleared that up! I thought it was a deco art rendition of the AFLAC duck "quacking"...... :P

HAA, Yup, they done teached us all kines of readin an riten in iowa. 

HAA, Yup, they done teached us all kines of readin an riten in iowa. 

~ well no doubt. I just didn't think they'd teach the ancient occult Science of Rune crafting!  :P

I had healthy interest in Norse mythology and history when I was young.  Hadn't thought about it in years until I befriended a real live Norseman. Got me interested again.    I know, boring answer, LOL

I had healthy interest in Norse mythology and history when I was young.  Hadn't thought about it in years until I befriended a real live Norseman. Got me interested again.    I know, boring answer, LOL

~ Ok.... I've got that commercial in my mind where the Vikings come busting into town.  :blink:  You know THAT guy?  :rofl:

~ Ok.... I've got that commercial in my mind where the Vikings come busting into town.  :blink:  You know THAT guy?  :rofl:

What's in YOUR wallet????

Welcome to Wild Survive, Docwatmo!  It's so good to finally meet you after hearing all the stories your brother has told us about you.  :whistle:

His stories are pretty tame,  I was always "Nice" to him (Except when I hit him with a block of wood, or a golf club, all on accident you know).  He's the one  trying to get me killed at ever turn.  LOL  (Except that time as kids when I tried to get him to jump out a 2nd story window with trash bag parachute).  But that was just making up for some of his.  ;)  I'm loving the site, LOTS of great primitive skill info in one place.

His stories are pretty tame,  I was always "Nice" to him (Except when I hit him with a block of wood, or a golf club, all on accident you know).  He's the one  trying to get me killed at ever turn.  LOL  (Except that time as kids when I tried to get him to jump out a 2nd story window with trash bag parachute).  But that was just making up for some of his.  ;)  I'm loving the site, LOTS of great primitive skill info in one place.

OMG...you and Razor made those parachutes TOO?!?  :woot:  My brother and I thought that if we blew them up, our breath would be hot enough to make them lighter-than-air.  We jumped off the roof of our house with several tied around us.  Needless to say, our experiment did NOT work, and we got grounded for a month when Mom saw us flying by the kitchen window.  :rofl:

I to this day, believe his life was saved because Mom and Dad just happens to pull back into the driveway as he was climbing out the window and Moms screams stopped him. LOL  I feel bad for some of the things we put my mother through as children. 

When your a kid you never realize that "Scaring"  mom half to death is not a fun game, it's a cruel game.  LOL

I was spoiled, Doc.  My daughter, who is now 21, NEVER gave me a single gray hair.  She was always so placid and well-behaved.  I don't know what I would have done if she had been a mini-me!  :grin:

I'm lucky the same way,  My kids are the kindest, coolest, nicest, sweetest kids.  They give me no trouble at all (And they are all boys :blink:).  I am VERY lucky and count my blessings daily.