WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
taken by the wind...

Update on Odin

1332107367.jpg

:rofl:  Odin is growing in size and personality.  :thumbup:  I've decided by doing a lot of research and watching a lot of Bearded dragon videos on Youtube that I don't want him to grow into one of those fat, over fed beardies that you see on youtube that can't even lift themselves up off the floor because their tiny arms and legs can't support their massive girth. It's like they waddle instead of walk. Not sure if that's from a lack of calcium in their diet, or just Too much food. The list of foods that they recommend feeding them is a mile long and contains items such as bananas...  :dontgetit: and many other exotic fruits and veggies. I'm pretty sure in the wild they don't eat THAT much fruit.  :blink:  They live on the edge of deserts. I pretty much feed him Dandelion greens, Dandelion flowers, and clover (that I pick around my yard), and Crickets. That's it. He's super strong. His legs are long and he carries himself well off of the floor like he should in the wild. I don't overfeed him. He's leaner than some Bearded dragons I've seen that look to be the same age, but he's fast as a whip, and he's healthy looking to me.  :thumbup:

1332107362.jpg

He's basking in these picks, so he flattens himself out and just sits still. When he's on the hunt, he carries himself High off the floor, and he can sprint as fast as a skink! So I have to be careful when I take him out and hold him.

Hes ah um pretty.  :P Slightly reddish for some reason. You just gotta get a camera.  :nono:

Hes ah um pretty.  :P Slightly reddish for some reason. You just gotta get a camera.  :nono:

~ He's "reddish" because he's basking beneath an infrared Heat lamp.  :hugegrin:

That's the ONLY time he's still enough to take his pic. He eats, and then he sits underneath that hundred watt lamp and warms up enough to digest his crickets. He's got a heat lamp that stays on 24/7 and he's got a UVB lamp that comes on during daylight hours via a timer.

I agree, Taken needs a camera :P

~ LMAO! yeah...  well, so do my kids every Christmas. So, somebody always does without. I have my phone. That way I can show everybody at work. We all like to show our pet pics.

I think it has that cool cheesy Godzilla Kinda thing going on there.... with the fake background. If I could add some screaming Japanese folks at the bottom that would be Epic!  :thumbsup:

I had a geko when I was I kid... Was so fun to feed it and watch it gobble up baby mice and crickets. :)

GODZIRRA!!!!!

Yes, I think you need to replace that cloudy background with screaming japanese city-slickers in the foreground and burning high-rises in the background. :P

GODZIRRA!!!!!

Yes, I think you need to replace that cloudy background with screaming japanese city-slickers in the foreground and burning high-rises in the background. :P

~ I think that would be a great idea for Reptile enclosure foregrounds/ backgrounds...  cool14.gif  Sounds like a million dollar idea to me.