WildSurvive Forum
Oni

First Time Out

Looks like there's a good chance that I'll be bow hunting this year for the first time ever. (Deer)

Never hunted before... any tips for a newbie?

Looks like there's a good chance that I'll be bow hunting this year for the first time ever. (Deer)

Never hunted before... any tips for a newbie?

Sorry, Oni!  We dropped the ball on this thread!  The best tip I could give you would to be practice with that bow at different distances, angles, and light conditions.  We used to do what we called 'stump shooting.'  Basically we'd walk the woods and point out targets to each other.  It's much better practice than just standing on a flat shooting at a known range all the time.

is it a compound bow or a traditional bow? basically the best advice i can give you is to scout first, find where deer are moving and when (use a little tracking) once you find a couple promising places then you need to be verry cautios of sent, wind and sun. try to get to your spot overlooking the trail from downwind of course and try to position yourself so the rising sun is to your back and the wind is in your face. if your using a traditional bow then practice, practice...then practice some more. camo isnt as important as sent. them things can catch your sent really easy. hope this helps a little. keep us posted on how you do.

If you see horns... Stay calm... And don't forget to look threw the peep sight. Lol umm yeah I've done this