WildSurvive Forum
Docwatmo

Doc's Picture Palooza - Photo's speak volumes so I'll just shut the heck up!!!

Guest smallgamehunter

Doc how can u be the brother of razor sharp and have a dull knife?  ???

Haa, SGH, The last time I used that knife was to cut up a metric crap ton of cardboard and I tossed it in a bag and forgot about it for many years.  It's an older Gerber and it's a little softer metal, but a few minutes on the stone and it's scalpel sharp now.

Yeah, the saw blade is a little soft/flexible for the sparker, so he used the striker off my kit but the rod throws decent sparks.  We are going to make some handles for the rods to make them easier to hold also.  Had to stifle the idea to dump all the mag into a pile and light it just for the fun of it though LOL

Yeah. I was going to make handles but that would have negated them fitting the altoid tin unless you bury 1/3 of the rod into the handle.(I dont find any problem using just the bare rods myself)  For cheap rods (12 for 9.00 plus 2.00 shipping they throw great sparks.  The saw blades dont work as well as a knife or a purpose built striker but with a little practice they work fine.  Thats all that comes on a lot of strikers anyways.  The blade I used is actually high carbon and stiffer than generic blades.

Doc is officially docked 14 man points for going out with a dull knife.  Would have only been 10, but he knew the knife was dull and that it only would have taken a couple of minutes to sharpen.

Agreed OFG, I even thought about hitting it with the stone before I left but said, "Nah, How bad could it be".  Lesson learned. 

We have to admit our mistakes to learn from them.  :hugegrin:

Doc is officially docked 14 man points for going out with a dull knife.  Would have only been 10, but he knew the knife was dull and that it only would have taken a couple of minutes to sharpen.

are you sure ofg. I didnyt know he could actually go in the hole on man points.  :D

are you sure ofg. I didnyt know he could actually go in the hole on man points.  :D

Good point, Razor.  In accordance with the Wild Survive Rules of Conduct, Section 12, Article 27, Doc will have wear the pink survival tutu until he gets back into the positive range of man points.

What if he's been wearing it for the last week anyway, just because it goes well with his pink boonie hat?  :blush:

What if he's been wearing it for the last week anyway, just because it goes well with his pink boonie hat?  :blush:

It is now required.  Besides, it sets off your eyes...

well that explains a lot growing up  :blink:

I like a sharp piece of chert best for a striker. Ive picked up tons of it back when I arrow head hunted and was making arrow heads.

You think I'm lyin about the tutu?  :D

ToothFairy_zpsdec04868.jpg

Pursuant to Starfleet General Order 104, Section A, you are deemed unfit and hereby relieved of command.

Guest smallgamehunter

:blink: :scared: scared011.gif scared011.gif