WildSurvive Forum
Docwatmo

Doc's Picture Palooza - Photo's speak volumes so I'll just shut the heck up!!!

Weather wasn't bad enough to need shelter, it was more of a "Just in case" thing.    Unless the weather gets really ugly, I just prefer to be under the sky.  The angle is an optical illusion, my head was next the shelter but not under it.  (I'd have been a little bit further down but the location of the hip hole kept me right on the edge).  It was a very easy going no stress camp out.

~ Oh, ok.  :thumbup: 

Looks like a fun time had by all! Except for the cows....  (they scare the heck out of me!) It's a childhood memory... almost falling out of the back of a pick up when feeding a huge herd of cows.  :nono:

~ Oh, ok.  :thumbup: 

Looks like a fun time had by all! Except for the cows....  (they scare the heck out of me!) It's a childhood memory... almost falling out of the back of a pick up when feeding a huge herd of cows.  :nono:

Cows are docile and curious.  Just don't get between a cow and her new calf.

Finally got around to uploading the images from our trip.  I'll put some up here, most are already on facebook.

Lake Wapello has a restaurant/patio on the lake where the swimming hole is that is open during the summer.  it looks like an old fort.  LOVE it, particularly when it's abandoned!! 

2015-12-26%2014.00.52_zpsi6bi508q.jpg

2015-12-26%2014.04.05_zpsy4mzhcma.jpg

Coffee, it made me the man I am today.... Um.... I'd avoid the stuff if i were you!!!

2015-12-26%2010.26.50_zpst6k9vezd.jpg

Chow time.  The annual Christmas Steak dinner!  2 of the knives at the table were custom knives from Gunnery Sgt David Williams (the Norsman, AWESOME guy), 1 was a tops designed by Gunny, and two were designed by another awesome knife guy you all might know Brian Griffin LOL.    Yeah, we like good cutlery too.

2015-12-25%2018.25.40_zpsuilidsgj.jpg

The view to the lake from the cabin.  SOOO peaceful with nobody else there.

_DSC0080_zpsrhgcnlma.jpg

The last day, our family pic before cleaning up the cabin and leaving. 

_DSC0211_zpsyavphpvi.jpg

Me testing the timer on the camera.  Yeah, he's cool like that!

_DSC0208_zps15euswq4.jpg

My stunning wife cooking the "THIS IS SPARTA Chicken" for supper. LOL

2015-12-26%2014.24.03_zpsdvepsdkn.jpg

Me photobombing, only way I can get in the pics.

2015-12-26%2014.05.43_zpsa78s0y3y.jpg

We all got a big kick out of this one.  I was using the good camera on the phone so you can't see the preview, trying to shoot a selfie, and it turned out I cut my middle child out of the picture.  (We tease him about being the forgotten middle child), so we will probably have this one blown up and put on the wall at home. LMAO.

2015-12-26%2014.00.23_zps3aehxdz6.jpg

What the pic really looked like. LOL

2015-12-26%2014.00.18_zpsyw7um6df.jpg

Middle and youngest boy went out for a hike.

_DSC0201_zpsuoffzo5d.jpg

My family.  :-)

_DSC0187_zpsjfnr5i34.jpg

Me with the kids.  yeah, that guy doesn't give a F^*& about fashion for sure. LOL

_DSC0194_zpstklonmc1.jpg

My wife snuck down to the dock.  Had to sneak out and shoot a pic.  :-)

_DSC0147_zpskmbchm0t.jpg

The view of the cabin from the lake

_DSC0152_zps1xxr1jko.jpg

Me and the guys stopping for some caffeine

2015-12-26%2010.27.15_zpsvnzhcb0r.jpg

My buddy Ratso from the pond behind the cabin.

_DSC0128_zpsdagpvkri.jpg

My young lush.... Luckily it was only sparkling grape juice.

2015-12-25%2018.35.19_zpso7afh8fq.jpg

Coffee, hike and Kids, what more could ya ask for.

_DSC0112_zpsn0wuvieq.jpg

Our Christmas tree from the cabin window.

_DSC0087_zpsrhga2mfs.jpg

Of course I was drinking wine from the good china.  (No I didn't load up the thermos with it (only because it was already full of coffee LOL).

2015-12-24%2020.15.17_zpstkpksmwp.jpg

My all time favorite christmas tree pic.  The location, the lighting, the small tree with just a few presents under it.  magical.

2015-12-24%2019.43.16_zpsnqjacrkh.jpg

My wife's parents bought the boys new Mossberg shotties for trap team.  By the end of the night, all 3 boys (Even the 9 year old) could field strip and put them together like they'd been doing their entire lives.  (And I think I lost a few points of hearing from the constant metal on metal sounds LOL).

_DSC0053_zpstwlxlapc.jpg

The boy layed out cracked corn piles and apples for the "Reindeer".  It was funny because i looked outside at 6:15 and they had not been touched.  My wife looked out the window at 6:25 and it was all gone.  5 minutes before the kids got up.

_DSC0047_zpsm5mveb1n.jpg