WildSurvive Forum
Docwatmo

Doc's Picture Palooza - Photo's speak volumes so I'll just shut the heck up!!!

Looks like a good time that acr os a little to scifi looking for me makes me thinks of a starwars laser blaster type thing

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It was very heavy which is ok for a defensive battle rifle, but I would hate to lug that thing around (I'd almost rather have my old M60 if I'm gonna carry that much weight).  But it was amazingly accurate.  Standing, with a red dot, you could pick off clay's at 100 yards at will about as fast as you could shoot it.  I believe he chose it, because now he can pick up the extra barrel assemblies and stuff and mod it out any way he wants.    It was fun to shoot though. 

It was very heavy which is ok for a defensive battle rifle, but I would hate to lug that thing around (I'd almost rather have my old M60 if I'm gonna carry that much weight).  But it was amazingly accurate.  Standing, with a red dot, you could pick off clay's at 100 yards at will about as fast as you could shoot it.  I believe he chose it, because now he can pick up the extra barrel assemblies and stuff and mod it out any way he wants.    It was fun to shoot though.

looks like it could be fun to shoot hows the iron sights in my books it aint worth a poo if the iron sifhts aint worth beans

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It was co-witnessed with the flip up irons dead on with the red dot.  First 2 magazine I put down were with the red dot, then we folded them up and ran a mag without the Dot,  Just as accurate (just not quite as fast to sight the clays).  I actually preferred the irons to the red dot (I'm kind of old fashioned), but I'm really starting to get used to the red dots now that I've put a several hundred rounds though rifles with them the last couple years.  I'm slightly far sighted in my right eye (dominant eye) which has always served me well with iron sights (I just focus front sight to target more naturally).  Red dots take a little getting used to, but are amazing when you are on with them.

what range were you guys on, dosnt look familar to me.  and that looks like it was a fun day of shooting.  the ruger is on my short list allready, still torn between an m@p compact and the lc9.  guess ill just have to get both.  :P

It's over by Central City, I don't know the name.  I think it's a private range, member only.  I'll have to ask Mirage.

The M&P is so close to the xD in size, the xD is just a tad flatter on the grip and to me feels better to shoot (Both have nearly identical grip angles). I also like the shape and texture of the xD grip better in the Subcompact (I actually can't stand the full size duty xD grip, just doesn't feel anything like the SC) and I like the grip on the full sized M&P better.  But it's all about a 51% to 49% choice between the two, I can go either way and be perfectly happy.  But the LC9 is so much smaller and flatter.  It's a 7 round gun (8 with one in the pipe) where the xD is 13 +1, but for the size, it really was just amazing to shoot.  I really didn't expect to like it so much.  For either a backup gun or ultra small carry, I really feel it is the best of anything in that size i've shot.  I still like my xD a bit better because of my big hands, but that LC9 is just calling to me now.  (My wife wants one now too LOL, She still loves the xD, but thinks she'd carry the LC9 a lot easier when she is out on her long walks in a pocket holster). 

Like I told a fellow there that was new to shooting.  He said this could be an expensive hobby,  I said.  "Yeah, it cost a bit to get into it, but then it just gets more expensive from there. LOL".

I did get to shoot a kahr PM9 last fall and it was nice (Similar to the CM9), but I still liked the LC9 much better.

ive shot the m2p compacts and full size, ergonomically i think there a perfect fit to me. but i like the ruger for its size alone, i only need 2 rounds anyway so the 13 wont matter to me(if i have to ill get the bad guys to line up :P  i havnt shot the xD compact but i have shot the full size and really didnt like it.  i would like to try your xD compact out sometime though, just to see if i like it any better than the m@p.  still leaning towards the ruger though.  was that the Isaak Walton league range by any chance. 

It was a perfect day for me (probably 52 or 54 with a chilly north wind), I never got cold and was comfortable the whole time, but everyone else was cold LOL,  I was the only one to pack anything, I packed my wife's extra windbreaker, her winter coat, an extra sweater and my extra coat along with my blue sweater and black windbreaker (that I was wearing).  glad I did because I passed out every piece of spare clothing I had to everyone who needed it and everybody got to shoot lots without getting tooo cold.

No Razor, it wasn't Izaak Walton.  I'll have to get the name, its on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember (something fish and game).  I'll find out and let you know.

I can't stand the xD full sized grip, which is why the sub compact surprised me.  It's ergonomically perfect for my hand. (With the pinky extension).  If I was going full sized, I'd take the M&P, but for the Subcompact, (And I shot a half dozen M&P's in 40 and 9 in all three sizes Sunday), I'd take the xD.  Once you grip it you'll see what I mean, just feels better.

This kind of heavy was easy and fun to shoot, but it's not something I'd want to carry around with me for extended periods like on patrol.  (Anything from 75 to 300 yards an M4 and anything in the 25 to 50 range I wan an MP5) over that, anything decent in 7.62 would do just fine.  :hugegrin: The old M16 and M16 A-2 (even with a 203 mounted on it) were fairly light and most of the modern AR platforms are not too bad (until they have a bunch of lasers, multiple optics, lights, etc off on them), then they start to get heavy).

My M60 was heavy (23 lbs), but was a BLAST to shoot (Still wish I had one just for fun).  It was amazing how little recoil and how easy to keep it on target the ACR was.  You could stand and at 100 yards, bust clays as fast as you could drop the dot on them.    I'd love to have one, but I think I would turn the ACR into a long range platform with 7.62 or .338 (If they ever make assemblies in those calibers for it).  I can imagine how effective that ACR would be at long range with decent optics. 

The first Shelter we worked on.  Long distance pic with my phone.WP_000287.jpg

A little bit closer now, a little bit closer now, (That damn song is stuck in my head now).

WP_000288.jpg

And just a bunch of pics of the river and surrounding woods near the second shelter.

WP_000289.jpg

WP_000290.jpg

WP_000291.jpg

WP_000294.jpg

WP_000295.jpg

The audio in the video doesn't pick up the sound of the river, but it was just a perfect soothing background noise to work to.  Loved it.

th_WP_20120510_170653Z.jpg

Finally got around to pulling a few pics from the last couple weeks.

(By the way, because of the limitations of the HTML display,  most of my pics are cut off on the right hand side.  To see the full pic, right click on it and choose "Open in a new Tab")

This is one of my wife's flowers out front.  I'm still struggling with the settings for low light, seem like every time I get it right, the next pic is way to light or dark and I have to start over again.

DSC_0474.jpg

I did a close up of the petal because it was just so beautiful and looked almost wet.

DSC_0486.jpg

This is what you can get when the light cooperates LOL

DSC_0576.jpg

Just an interesting old tree, a big branch had come down and I loved the contrast between the bright interior wood and the dark outer wood.

DSC_0578.jpg

DSC_0579.jpg

This one is for you Taken,  These are some baby geese that were adopted by adult geese after hatching from the geese nest.  (Kind of like a cowbird).  happy097.gif

DSC_0661.jpg

Just love the life in nature, even the flies, and ants on this plant add to it, they don't detract from it.  (I see the life, not just the flowers in nature.  :peace: )

DSC_0854.jpg

Just a fun grass pic because I LOVE green so much.  (Black or Dark blue are my favorite colors, but in nature, I prefer green).

DSC_0856.jpg

Just liked the way this one turned out.

DSC_0858.jpg

Loved the way the Vine wrapped around the plant.

DSC_0870.jpg

One of our friendly tree rats in the neighbors walnut tree.  She keeps feeding him, and I keep watching him get fatter and fatter (And as long as she feeds him he leaves my stuff alone).  But if I catch the little bugger in any of my stuff,  he may have an "Accident". 

DSC_1177.jpg

A couple of lichen pics.  I have always loved the little bell shaped sprouts, both in grey and green.  Like a tiny little forest that you would see in a fairy tale land.  Isn't it amazing what you can see when you take the time to get close? 

DSC_0904.jpg

DSC_0903.jpg

A couple of shots that came out quite well.  (As long as I have good light, I can do this LOL).

DSC_0867.jpg

DSC_08672.jpg

Whats really funny Muddy,  half of those pictures were taken from 5 feet away with my 300mm zoom lens (Because I left the other lens in the house).  LOL

I was just trying to help you out and avoid any more baby ducks harrasment you would receive from the rest of these cretins.  ;) :hugegrin: :hugegrin:

Here are some pics from this weekend.  (I didn't spend much time shooting photos this time around).

These pics are out of order since I pulled them off several cameras.

Just kidding, only one pot for coffee, the other is just to heat water, but will work as a backup in case something happens to the primary pot.

100_0973.jpg

Me and the 5 year old, sleepin under the stars,  (It did rain pretty good Friday night and was VERY enjoyable just pulling the tarp over us).  That kid was TIRED, he played and ran from the time we got there till 11:30 and finally said, "Daddy, i'm tired".  And that was about it. LOL

WP_000344.jpg

Breakfast Saturday morning was "Mountain Man" in a dutch oven.  Dang that stuff is GOOOOOOD.

WP_000345.jpg

My wife making some monkey bread in a dutch oven.  mmmmmm mmmmmm Gooooooood.

WP_000346.jpg

My little guy fishing with his cousin sitting next to him.

WP_000348.jpg

Made a bow drill using the "Two Stick hearth" method.  This is my third try and this time I got 2 coals.  I felt vindicated LOL.  I tried a plow but didn't have any luck,  will keep practicing.  It worked really well and all the kids enjoyed playing with it for the rest of the day. 

WP_000349.jpg

Me and the youngest on a paddle boat (GOD I HATE Paddle boats), but there were only 2 small kayaks available, so I had no choice.  (We were supposed to float the river Saturday, but my Sister in law didn't reserve the boats and they were taken by a group doing river cleanup, (Which we tried to volunteer for but they were already full :( ) Oh well, we are gonna go floating 2 weeks from now again.   

100_0978.jpg

Oldest and Middle boys in their kayaks, (Running circles around me laughing at me LOL).

100_0984.jpg

100_0988.jpg

Oldest boy went to collect firewood, this is what he dragged out of the woods LOL

100_0993.jpg

My boy and his cousin playing on granpa's cot.

100_0994.jpg

Of course there was hot dog roasting for snacks.

WP_000350.jpg

This was supper, OMG,  It was basically chicken stew,  But the chicken legs, thighs and breasts were left whole.  Just tossed them into a 14 quart dutch oven of ours, throw in veggies, and some chicken broth, mix in some seasonings (my wife picked some garlic and wine seasoning), throw it on the coals, add coals to the top, wait 90 minutes (Had to add coals because the coals we have are the "Fast burn" type instead of regular coals) and PRESTO!,  This was the biggest hit at camp,  13 people ate like kings and I still have 1 leg and some veggies in a bag (I forgot at home today  >:() for lunch.  I CANNOT repeat how delicious this meal was.

WP_000354.jpg

I ordered my wife a rainbow for her birthday on Friday, but it didn't show up until Saturday.  I got my money back for it, but was still peeved.  ;):P

WP_000355.jpg

Did our favorite "Omelets in a bag" for breakfast on Sunday.  Always makes a good meal.  (And coffee in stainless is still the best coffee).  First time my wife made one using the liquid eggs from walmart, she didn't realize how big they fluff up and I think she accidentally pored 6 eggs worth into her bag LOL.  Needless to say, her father ate half of hers.  happy097.gif

WP_000359.jpg