WildSurvive Forum
Docwatmo

Doc's Picture Palooza - Photo's speak volumes so I'll just shut the heck up!!!

LOL,  Now for the 2 dollar question, Who can tell me weather that is male or female deer scat?  Tick, tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock.

depending on the diet it will or wont clump. the deer that eat alot of acorns (high in tannic acid) will have less clumping than the deer that are eating mostly greens and grasses.  some people belive that only male or femail deer have scattered or clumped scat. it can be used as a guideline that the domenent deer get the best food so there scat is always one way or the other. but both male and femail deer can have clumped or scattered scat.

BINGO!!!!  We have a winner!!!      (Yeah, it was a trick question  ;) ).

Over the years many "Outdoorsman" have said that the clumping is male and the non clumping is female but that is not correct.  Diet determines the "Clumpiness" of the scat.

Congrats Razor you win a free emergency solar charger for your phone.  ;) :woot: :woot:  (Yeah, I was already giving it to you but this way it looks like you had to work for it.  Hee, Hee).

I did a little hiking out at bowhunters property while the middle boy was going through hunter safety.  And as always, when your not out hunting turkeys, they will almost come up to you and eat out of your hand LOL.

Got a few nice shots of several coming in for landings.  Pretty interesting view, They do hold their wings quite a bit higher than I had originally thought.  (More like raptors than waterfowl). 

The last full flight stroke before landing.

_DSC0037_zpsa3c9d497.jpg

The next part

_DSC0038_zpsdd50e00f.jpg

Breaking for landing, look at that magnificent tail spread.

_DSC0030_zps702823fb.jpg

Touchdown, look how high those wings are.

_DSC0031_zps7a690a79.jpg

Had an awesome Easter weekend.  I didn't take my camera with me so I had to use my phone, not many pictures and pretty low quality but here are a few.

We got the boys the BSA hatchets they have been wanting for a while.  It was a surprise for them (Since they are too old for easter eggs and baskets now).  Easter is always a surprise camping/outdoor gear present to the boys.  The youngest got his very own eatery set and the boys got their hatchets.  Here are the boys showing off their hatchets.  (We went through one of our favorite trails and cleared some fallen limbs.  The wind had broken off quite a few deeper down the trail, Good service project for them).

WP_000797_zps8e72530c.jpg

A pic of me, I thought I'd try something new and shave off the old facial hair.  I decided I don't like it and it will be coming back asap. LOL 

WP_000798_zps37bd2790.jpg

I played with a couple of fuz sticks.  This one I did with my SRK, (it didn't curl well, but made some very fine cuts for a blade that big).  (Sorry for the crappy pics, you just can't tell in that bright light if the pic was any good or not until you open it on the computer).

WP_000802_zps41a2f122.jpg

This one I did with my CRKT, LOTS of good cuts with that one.  As much as I like the Veff serations (if I'm going to have serations, might as well be good ones), I still wish this knife didn't have them because I use it as an EDC use and carry knife.    I think I may end up getting another similar but slightly smaller knife to use for bushcraft, and keep the CRKT for daily EDC.

WP_000799_zps0a57efc2.jpg

At the archery range, the oldest boy was attacked by a bear and the middle boy had to leap on it's back with nothing but an arrow to save his brothers life LOL.  Good times, Good times.

dffeb515-f20f-4e4e-afd7-4bcc6c810e08_zpse590cd9c.jpg

My SRK is one of the sharpest knives Ive got. Ill have to admit I havent really cut much wood with it. Maybe the wrong angle for wood more for meat. The pictures were fine Doc. Thanks. :arigato:

ROFL!,  I was thinking Jessie  Ventura without the pony tail too LOL. 

I love my tie die shirts. (This one is from work for an energy fair we put on for young kids), and I have one the girl scouts made special for me too.  Love them.  Most of what I own is dark earth tones, browns, blacks, blues and burgundies etc except a couple of t-shirts in orange and tie die and that leprechaun shirt you've seen before.  It's my one break from earth tones LOL  (And each one has a story so they are rather nostalgic for me). 

I don't have that silly embarrassment gene, so it don't bother me at all.  :hugegrin:

Doc looks like WWF era Jesse Ventura.

I was thinking more like a trimmer, less hairy version of George "The Animal" Steele.  How do you feel about eating turn buckles, Doc?

animal3s.jpg

WP_000798_zps37bd2790.jpg

Did a little hike with the family Sunday night.  My wife is a para and a sub at the school and much of her time is spent helping out with children with learning disabilities, one of the boys she worked with is reading up on owls and was getting bored so she told him about owl pellets and he got excited, so we gathered some for him to dissect in class.  It was a great hike.  I love this time of year because the back half of the park is closed off to traffic so very few people go back there. (There was even a large tree across the road that they haven't finished cutting up and moving yet).  It's the quietest time in the park.

It got a little dark so the phone pic didn't turn out well.  But here is the whole family minus the guy with the camera phone.  :)

WP_000819_zps348c3707.jpg

Good point.  We've never bothered before, but it can't hurt.  My wife did take rubber gloves for the project too. 

I prefer nacho cheese sauce with mine Swede.  :D

Have a few random pics from the last couple weeks.  Just haven't gotten around to uploading them yet.

My youngest and middle boy after conquering "The Rock".  (Just a small rock next to the cave in the park we hike in all the time) LOL

_DSC0316_zpsf9aee338.jpg

Yes I'm weird.  I like old rotting wood, the process of breaking down over time is really interesting.

_DSC0308_zpsc4825017.jpg

My lovely wife laughing at the antics of our middle boy. 

_DSC0267_zpsccb32c05.jpg

Some beaver chews we found at the park. 

_DSC0229_zps5ca270a3.jpg

_DSC0220_zps191df735.jpg

I did some fuzz stick work with my CRKT,  Damn that knife is good and sharp and holds an edge great!!!

_DSC0165_zpsc3c9b768.jpg

_DSC0168_zps75b11724.jpg

The guys saw a downed pine and had to run off and check it for fatwood LOL

_DSC0155_zps90732d7c.jpg

Some animals did a number on this tree.  Can you guess what animals?  ;)

_DSC0124_zpsb5271a8d.jpg