WildSurvive Forum

Just throwing out a question to see what folks are taking along on there outings? What 10 items do you carry at all times when going out into the woods. I know this may vary a bit based on location but just curious.

Guest smallgamehunter

wetterlings belt axe, bear grylls ultimate survival knife, camelbak, bear grylls basic survival kit to which i have added the breeden SGH

thats about all the carry 100% of the time items

I always have the same EDC stuff on me in the woods that I have anywhere else.  (See this thread).  But the extras that go with me to the woods are either my customized BG Knife or my SRK (usually both now), I have a small backpack that has a couple of extra water bottles in it as well as rain gear, leather work gloves, a 100ft paracord donut, a couple of waterproof sacks with spare socks, firestarting kits (several usually, along with matches and multiple feraconium rods) ziplock bags, zip ties, a couple heavy duty black markers, a roll of safety/trail marking tape, a roll of duct tape.  Sharpening gear to keep the sharp stuff sharp, 3 or 4 of the cheap $1 ponchos from Walmart to give to others who don't bring rain gear. 

I pack and repack my go bag based on what I'm going to be doing and when i'm going to be doing it.  I don't have enough duplicates of gear to just keep multiple gear bags ready, so I have a shelf with lots of gear and I just swap out what I need based on the area i'm going to, what part of the year it is and what I plan to do.

I always have the same EDC stuff on me in the woods that I have anywhere else.  (See this thread).  But the extras that go with me to the woods are either my customized BG Knife or my SRK (usually both now), I have a small backpack that has a couple of extra water bottles in it as well as rain gear, leather work gloves, a 100ft paracord donut, a couple of waterproof sacks with spare socks, firestarting kits (several usually, along with matches and multiple feraconium rods) ziplock bags, zip ties, a couple heavy duty black markers, a roll of safety/trail marking tape, a roll of duct tape.  Sharpening gear to keep the sharp stuff sharp, 3 or 4 of the cheap $1 ponchos from Walmart to give to others who don't bring rain gear. 

I pack and repack my go bag based on what I'm going to be doing and when i'm going to be doing it.  I don't have enough duplicates of gear to just keep multiple gear bags ready, so I have a shelf with lots of gear and I just swap out what I need based on the area i'm going to, what part of the year it is and what I plan to do.

....15, ...16, ...17, ... lol  :nop:

LMAO, I guess I don't believe in limits  ;):P :P

So just keep the first 10 items on the list, the rest is all fluff anyway.  :rofl:

Pack, salt and pepper(counting as 1item)fixedblade knife,  water, purifying tabs, cordage. Gerber strikeforce, mini fishing kit, folding knife. Raingear.        ive never been much for overkill  :hugegrin:

Razor, you're such a minimalist!  :P

Actually, that's a GOOD thing, because you'd be able to survive with just a little change in your pocket while I would be running around like this  scared011.gif because I'd forgotten my mascara. 

Razor, you're such a minimalist!  :P

Actually, that's a GOOD thing, because you'd be able to survive with just a little change in your pocket while I would be running around like this  scared011.gif because I'd forgotten my mascara. 

crap...i left off my mascara  :woot:

oh shoot mascura you can write with mascura or lipstick

my must have 10 things lets see

raingear

water

multitool

survival blanket

belt knife

waterproof matches

bandanna

first aid kit

extra socks

protein bars

theres alot more in my bob but these for me is a must

1) ESEE 4

2) Blastmatch

3) Tarp

4) 50' of Paracord

5) Bottle of Iodine Crystals

6) Backpack

7) Canteen Cup

8) Canteen

9) Poncho

10) .22 Rifle (if applicable) with 50 rounds

If no .22, then an MRE or some other foodstuffs.

1- Scott Gosman PSK Sr

2- ferro rod

3- 100' 550 cord

4- guyot water bottle

5- ss cup

6- 5x7 tarp with woobie attached

7- FAK

8- micro pur tabs

9- SAK farmer or treker

10- PSK

Just throwing out a question to see what folks are taking along on there outings? What 10 items do you carry at all times when going out into the woods. I know this may vary a bit based on location but just curious.

For day hikes and alone

Walking stick (wrapped with 20 feet of paracord for a grip)

Belt knife

Folding knife/Neck knife (SAK/HEST Folder/ BK-11/ Izula/ something along those lines)

ESEE advanced fire kit (consists of large ferro rod, tinder storage, and compass)

Contingency Kit (in a tin or in an Exotac Life Cap)

Suunto MC-2G sighting compass (mainly used to get suicidal gnats out of my eyes in the summer)

water bottle

snack of some sort

camera

spare lens

If I'm going camping, or my daughter is with me, then other things get added.

1: GI poncho or a small tarp

2: a good quality ax

3: a reliable, tested ferro rod

4: a GI canteen cup or a small pot

5: a metal canteen/water bottle

6: First aid kit

7: cordage

8: "E" rations (3 day) plus my day's lunch.

9: compass

10: knife (red handled Mora comes to mind)

If I could pick only Ten, and usually this is all Ill have anyway unless im doing an over night mission, this is what I have.

1 fixed blade knife

2 spare folding blade knife

3 rifle/ammo

4 fire lighting tool

5 fishing kit

6 emergency thermal blanket

7 Para cord 20m

8 small leg hold trap

9 glucose /chocolate ( included in 24 hour ration pack )

10 spare merino thermal shirt

The leg trap is a good item. Snares and dead falls are time consuming and not that efficient. 

Yes I agree, its very small and lightweight, it will even hold goats and small pigs, I always carry it as I like to trap possums even if im not going to eat them, they are a serious threat to our ecological system so a dead possum is a good possum.