WildSurvive Forum
Hiker

Stanley camp cup...

Great cup.. Stove ready, and comes with two cups inside. $15 but a little on the heavy side

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335371110.925359.thumb.jpg.eeb09fe173458a5dc51007eabc3f1262.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335371201.405648.thumb.jpg.b4fa4aa5e272b0e37f2c3b55c15f8ef7.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335371213.853867.thumb.jpg.4af0f78be7733a1a4230c1411cab9f30.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335371228.569353.thumb.jpg.0654b6116d4e973ae8449fcf83091af4.jpg

I like it, especially the strainer lid  :thumbup:. I am curantly using the gsi duelist. I take out the stuff im not using( extra cup/bowl etc. Unless i need them. Then i can store my crux stove, fuel bottle and some food in the pot along with the bowl, cup, spoon snd folding spork as well as my salt and pepper. Never leave home without it.  :hugegrin:

I like it,  I'm eyeballing the GSI microdualist myself, and my son bought himself the GSI Halulite Ketalist.

The microdualist is very similar to this design but sooooo much more expensive.  This might make a great alternative. 

I did just pick up one of the stanley thermos bottles (I've wanted one for 20 years and finally up and got myself one.  I am FREAKIN amazed at how well it works.  Stanley does make some outstanding equipment.

At target... I have the Gsi minimalist also. Great cup/ stove pot but you have to carry a extra cup if you want to make coffee. ( one to boil in, one to pour hot water over grounds into) that's why I got this, I'll take one cup out and my mini alcohol stove will fit in it. The weight is all that bugs me.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wnzd5m

I thought you meant the hockey cup  wacky078.gif

Lol.... Nope

Swede... It's  built like a tank too, you could run it over with the truck and not bend it.

for the price it would be hard to beat.  i might have to hit target. then i can round out my collection of camp cookware. make my other 4 sets jelious  :P

Yep... I'm sure lots of stores carry their products

Was just out and about, stopped by Target and they had them.  Decided to pick one up.  I love the size of this one.

Was just out and about, stopped by Target and they had them.  Decided to pick one up.  I love the size of this one.

Yeah it's nice and deep, I still haven't tried mine...

Yeah it's nice and deep, I still haven't tried mine...

Even more fun, I picked up some 20oz stainless steel cups and one of these fits perfectly over the bottom. Another cup in the pack taking up virtually no additional space and will serve as a cover when the Stanley has fire residue on it.

Ok, I was just reading the directions on this.  Under the cautions area, it reads "Intended for stovetop only, not for use with microwave ovens, conventional ovens, or open campfires." 

ummmm....wtf?  A "camp cook set" you are not supposed to use over a campfire?  I have emailed customer support for clarification.  lol  This should be interesting.  happy097.gif

Even more fun, I picked up some 20oz stainless steel cups and one of these fits perfectly over the bottom. Another cup in the back taking up virtually no additional space and will serve as a cover when the Stanley has fire residue on it.

great idea ofg! i hate getting soot all over in my pack. i usually put my stoves and pots in a stuff sack but i like that idea.

Ok, I was just reading the directions on this.  Under the cautions area, it reads "Intended for stovetop only, not for use with microwave ovens, conventional ovens, or open campfires." 

ummmm....wft?  A "camp cook set" you are not supposed to use over a campfire?  I have emailed customer support for clarification.  lol  This should be interesting.  happy097.gif

They must mean that "City" camping, with the RV's and ass to elbow campsites with plugins and such. LOL

I still use one of these.  This wasn't my original issue cup (It had the two wire wraparound handles) but I like this one better.  Nothing beats one of these for a coffee cup (ONLY cup big enough for me LOL).

WP_000282.jpg