WildSurvive Forum
Hiker

Stanley camp cup...

I thought I had already posted here, but apparently not. I really like the stanley cup you have there, thanks for posting the review!

That beats the hell out of pouring it through my skivvies, (But then other people will want to drink my coffee),  hmmmm is the trade off worth it.  :hugegrin:

That beats the hell out of pouring it through my skivvies, (But then other people will want to drink my coffee),  hmmmm is the trade off worth it.  :hugegrin:

ok...i ban doc from talking about his skivies....ever...ever...again...  :S :sad: :puke:

You never complained about my coffee before.  8|

i can understand being desperate in the bush and resorting to that but why the hell do you do it at home  :blink:

well i was in target this weekend and saw that stanly cooking pot cup thingy. sooooo i bought one. i really dont like the 2 cups the come with it but i really like the pot.  im currantly looking for 1 larger insulated cup that barely fits in the pot to replace the two little ones. it will also give me more room inside to store basic essentials for cooking like hikers mini spice kit my coffee and filter and some salt and pepper. i have an alcohol jet stove i made out of a red bull can that will fit inside quite easally. that and maby a bottle of slx alcohol and im good to go.

ok, here is what i came up with.  i didnt like the 2 little really heavy cups that came in the pot. so i went to walmart and bought a 98 cent double wall hot cold cup.  it was a little to big so i cut it down just enough to fit. wich of course caused the double walls to seperate (yes i knew that would happen) but ive made a cup like this before and it works fine.  if you push the smaller cup into the larger cup it stays put and does a good job of keeping your coffee hot.  you can also seperate them and use them as two seperate drinking cups.  i made an alcohol jet stove out of a red bull can years ago thats been sitting in my gear not getting used much so i figured this would be a good set up to bring him back into action.  i made the wind screen out of a mettal bottle of some sorts years ago. its stiff and strong and saw lots of use with the bedbull stove so i know it will stand up to a full stanley cup no problem. flip it upside down and it fits in the bottom with the cups nested inside it. even with the lighter, the stove, the coffee screen, and the hiker inspired spice kit there is still room for a couple days worth of coffee to.  and of course i would wear a glove (wich i always carry with me camping and backpacking) to hold the lid and screen to filter coffee.  i havnt tried it out yet but it will be going with me on my next adventure so youll get a full review at that time.  cant wait to try it out.  :hugegrin:

stanly_004.JPG.13141013b2d982590b9a53dac920fadd.JPG

stanly_008.JPG.5fa412f6ca9c8f0f2cb8d5c418672cc3.JPG

stanly_009.JPG.9a702876b15bb0e5a6082e4504208353.JPG

stanly_011.JPG.27837f42465a6c2ab8a062d2eef5e805.JPG

stanly_013.JPG.d422cb8176a3c032799d882124234759.JPG

stanly_014.JPG.1e9bb8aeddb33f369a8bcf2d2f8d71bd.JPG

~ That plastic doesn't melt?  :dontgetit:  Oh, nevermind, it's a hot/cold cup. I guess it's made for that.  :blushing:

someday ill figure out how to add sentencses to the pics individually. then i can expalin stuff better. sorry  :blush:

~ Well what did the heavy cup look like that came with it? Was it smaller than that one?  :unsure:

there were two of them. i think there is a picture at the beginning of the thread.

Awesome cookset bro!  Way to make a functional peice of gear on the cheap.  I love DIY gear!  Sometimes these things are better than the big expensive brand ones. 

dont get me wrong, i love my gsi duelist. but yeah, i like gear im not afraid to trash because it was cheap and /or homade. i think this is going to be my favorite cook kit now. it weighs less than half my gsi with the optimus crux stove and bowls.