WildSurvive Forum
Docwatmo

Help me pick a color ACKK!

This is just for fun, what colors would you pick?  After spending about a year looking at and trying packs, I have decided that my next pack will be a Maxpedition Falcon II.  I have tested a couple packs and I really love this pack.  I'm old school alice pack kind of guy, and like to access everything I can externally without dumping the pack. 

I know a guy who can get me the max gear at direct price minus a discount for helping him out with some web work.  So I will not be paying anything near retail for this pack (retail is generally about $105 to $120).

Only problem, I'm faced with the age old dilemma,  What color to get?  ::)   

Old school Army me says "Get it in a subdued color or black, if you need to escape and evade you don't want a bright shiny "Target" pack on". scared011.gif  

The older, wiser me says, "Since the chances of being in an E&E mode are minuscule compared to the day to day use it will get, get something high visibility so you can find it easily and it's unique enough to stand out in a crowd of backpacks". cool14.gif

If I went subdued, I'd just do the basic black or Kahki, which is still an option.  But I really like the 4 bright colors.  Yellow, Blue, Red and Orange.    Kind of like Blue, Red, yellow Orange in that order, but it's so close I could take any.   

What color would you choose and why?  (No wrong answers, this is just for fun).

Here is the link to the maxped page with their color selection.  (Their colors are WAY BRIGHTER online than in hand).  So I also included a google search link that shows more accurate depictions of the colors.

Maxped Link:

Google Link:

Let the fun begin.  :hugegrin:

I guess I should go first.  :hugegrin:

I gave a couple reasons above for the subdued vs colored.

But on the colored side.  I like the Blue, it's "Balanced" between visible and subdued.  Not as brilliant as the orange  or yellow, but still stands out enough to be identified easily.

~ I like the khaki or the yellow, because they reflect the sun better, and after being out in it today, I'd hate to have anything on my back that was going to soak up heat in sunlight. The royal blue is nice, but I'd never wear it, that color washes me out. I tend to look better in warmer colors.  :P

For purely aesthetic reasons of course I may choose khaki as it matches the well tanned bald spot on my head in the summer.

For purely aesthetic reasons of course I may choose khaki as it matches the well tanned bald spot on my head in the summer.

~ That stuff matters. That will pull together the whole look. Everybody will think "wow, that pack looks so good on him", but they won't know why.  cool14.gif

You ladies can talk shades of lipstick all you want.  I went with khaki / foliage trim on my Jumbo Versipak.  I had it down between that at ACU digital camo, but decided that the khaki/foliage would not look as "tactical" if I were is a SHTF situation.  It is more neutral and blends in.  Works great as a CCW pack.

You ladies can talk shades of lipstick all you want.  I went with khaki / foliage trim on my Jumbo Versipak.  I had it down between that at ACU digital camo, but decided that the khaki/foliage would not look as "tactical" if I were is a SHTF situation.  It is more neutral and blends in.  Works great as a CCW pack.

~ Who you callin' a "lady?"  cool14.gif  ME?  Why OFG.... I never knew you thought so highly of me.  :kiss:

I was considering the Red pack and just tell everyone its a big FAk, but then thought that might get me in trouble.  So it moved down the list.

~ Who you callin' a "lady?"  cool14.gif  ME?  Why OFG.... I never knew you thought so highly of me.  :kiss:

I like to keep you off guard. 

I was considering the Red pack and just tell everyone its a big FAk, but then thought that might get me in trouble.  So it moved down the list.

...do they have it in "light red"?

Too bad they dont have it in black and white "Cowflage",  THAT would be what I pick.  moose0024.gif