WildSurvive Forum

~ and it would bother you because....  ? 

Because I would prefer to go. I usually learn something. Just one of those things.

Because I would prefer to go. I usually learn something. Just one of those things.

~ Ok then. Definitely take a six pack.  :thumbup:  Or at least a bigger wine glass you can pull out when communion starts.  :whistle:  (hey? Who's gonna notice?)

~ Ok then. Definitely take a six pack.  :thumbup:  Or at least a bigger wine glass you can pull out when communion starts.  :whistle:  (hey? Who's gonna notice?)

The best of both worlds!

To be fair, the couple of times I've been to a Catholic Church, I actually remember the sermon lesson to this day. The Priest was very poetic, and a good story teller. I liked his analogies, and I have used them several times in my life.

To be fair, the couple of times I've been to a Catholic Church, I actually remember the sermon lesson to this day. The Priest was very poetic, and a good story teller. I liked his analogies, and I have used them several times in my life.

There ya go.  Another one of those things were you get out of it what you put into it. I've been to some real snooze-fests too. 

Besides, I will take all the help I can get. 

last time I"ve been to a cathlic church was for a friends parents wedding :) and I was 16 had a champain fountain :cheers: got really drunk and proposed to the priest :blushing: when I got home my Mom and sister couldn't stop laughing happy097.gif :rofl: we still joke about it today :hugegrin: oh had to go to school the next day that was interesting :ewphu: ok back to the posts

last time I"ve been to a cathlic church was for a friends parents wedding :) and I was 16 had a champain fountain :cheers: got really drunk and proposed to the priest :blushing: when I got home my Mom and sister couldn't stop laughing happy097.gif :rofl: we still joke about it today :hugegrin: oh had to go to school the next day that was interesting :ewphu: ok back to the posts

~  happy097.gif

I'm taking you to Mass at Farmagedon.  lol

im not going to be in charge of keeping Kim off the wine...i want to see that show  :woot:

Just be sure to be shooting video.  lol

"Wendy, I'm home."

"Heeere's Johnny! "

"Little pigs, little pigs, let me come in. Not by the hair of your chiny-chin-chin? Well then I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in. "

Jack2.jpg.ad47dfc95d174f4dd82e1e5e6fe64db7.jpg

Jack.jpg.b38b9905b2f2e95641badc349e4a0f8d.jpg

"Wendy, I'm home."

"Heeere's Johnny! "

"Little pigs, little pigs, let me come in. Not by the hair of your chiny-chin-chin? Well then I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in. "

I know where you are.

All work and no play makes OFG a dull boy.  All work and no play makes OFG a dull boy.

All work and no play makes OFG a dull boy.  All work and no play makes OFG a dull boy.

Jack1.jpg.99883e4cdfe3e59ab3654ed33d717c9c.jpg

Jack3.jpg.476d1ac1e8c341a84588193eff72aaae.jpg

Jack4.jpg.1f422a199876312ad0a4d9099f937da9.jpg

Jack0.jpg.e4607e88932d606cb2c9b243782623be.jpg

I know where you are.

Awesome, Muddy. That movie still makes the hair on my arms stand up.  It was even spooky being there.  They said room 217 is over $600/night and is booked out until 2017.

is that were the shining was filmed ???

Actually, this is the hotel where Stephen King stayed that inspired the book. The exterior shots are actually of the Timberline Lodge in Mount Hood, Oregon.

Awesome, Muddy. That movie still makes the hair on my arms stand up.  It was even spooky being there.  They said room 217 is over $600/night and is booked out until 2017.

~ I can tell JUST from looking at the pictures you took, that there is NO way I could spend the night in that establishment. Just ask Holly (if you can find her). I could barely stand to be in Biltmore Estates for the duration of the tour. I'm highly sensitive to energy, and some places just make me want to bolt. If you hadn't given hints about the movie, I would've never recognized the place, but that stairway pic really makes me uncomfortable.  :unsure:  I only saw that movie once. I barely remember it. But I would have a hard time staying in a place like that. I have no idea why. 

ha ha u guys thats the stanly hotel saw the movie oh hum didn't scare me my sister read the book and she only read the scary parts to me taken I am too sesitive to engery and can tell if a place is creepy been in a few myself

~ I can't stand the Victorian Age.... all that ornate decor, and the prim and proper "portraits" where nobody in the world has a smile on their face! Everything was so FORMAL, and untouchable, and scary! I also hate Gothic architecture. I dislike over the top "wealth" on display in a building... it's like an architectural gavotte.  :thumbdown:

Yep, the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado.  Yes, a very spooky place, but apparently very popular and pretty much out of control on Halloween.

Onward and upward.

This morning, I hiked up to 11,400 feet - I new personal record for me. 

The arrow behind me is pointing to Rocky Mountain National Park (the faint peak in the distance).

Any ideas where I was today?

RMNP2.jpg.804832d1d33143287d701302dc312f4b.jpg