WildSurvive Forum

on top of a big hill  moose0024.gif

Nope. The top was at 12,000 and they didn't have enough air around today to get me up that high.  It is amazing how far you can see, even with the smoke from the fires in Idaho blowing in from 600-700 miles away.  RMNP is about 60-70 miles away in the first picture. 

This one is at about 11,000 feet and looking to the northeast.

I'm not in a state that starts with "M" or "Q", but I am in North America.  The terrain might give you a hint as to the time zone.

RMNP3.jpg.951e5e8e77db40c401ac57f8a16d9f14.jpg

~ You work place PAYS you to go travel and see all this stuff?  8|  that's a cool job!  :cool:

It is rough, but someone has to do it.  The client I am working with this week loves to hike, but has trouble finding anyone to go with.  I had a free day today, so he picked me up at the hotel at 8:00am and off we went. We did about 10 miles on some pretty tough trails today at an elevation way above what I am used to. My native elevation is about 900 feet back in Iowa.

the Adirondacks  :unsure:

Wow....it must have been a really clear day to be able to see Colorado from upstate New York.  lol  And I'm thinking New York is a little more than 600-700 miles from Idaho, but that's just a guess.

Wow....it must have been a really clear day to be able to see Colorado from upstate New York.  lol  And I'm thinking New York is a little more than 600-700 miles from Idaho, but that's just a guess.

:rofl: i used to live in colorado and ive been up a couple mountains (big hills) in the white mountains.

:rofl: i used to live in colorado and ive been up a couple mountains (big hills) in the white mountains.

There were some big ass white rocks all over the area.

Little to sparse for NY state. Go west young man.

Good call, Muddy.

RMNP4.jpg.bb611cff14b25fb868e2e959344182de.jpg

Since you said Morning, and you appear to be facing north west (by the shadows), and the distance form Rocky Mountain National forest looks to be about 50 to 60 miles.  I would guess that you are about 50 or so miles north west of RMNF standing on red or green mountain? 

Edited to fix my mistake,  Red is about 90 miles away that direction, my quick look at the map I estimated distance way off.  Gonna change that to bear mountain.

~ Wow! That pic up there looks like you could be on another planet! It looks like where Captain Kirk fought the Gorn!  :rofl:

The only place I've seen the sky THAT blue was in the Rockies, really high up.

I still don't have a clue where you are.

In the first picture, I am facing almost due north.

In the second picture I am facing southwest.

I the picture with the rocks, I am facing east.

Since you said Morning, and you appear to be facing north west (by the shadows), and the distance form Rocky Mountain National forest looks to be about 50 to 60 miles.  I would guess that you are about 50 or so miles north west of RMNF standing on red or green mountain? 

Edited to fix my mistake,  Red is about 90 miles away that direction, my quick look at the map I estimated distance way off.  Gonna change that to bear mountain.

Good work, Doc, you are getting closer.  Red Mountain is about 50 miles from Estes Park and in the picture, I am actually about 70 miles from Estes Park (straight away, not by road).  Also, Red Mountain peak is about 9,200.

Last time I checked, that was not in North America.  Let me know if it was moved into the Adirondacks.

ill have to check, i thought it was somewhere neer Denali

nah, he ripped off his shirt and made gunpowder from basic elements around him.  He was then beamed back up to the enterprise.  (Or was that Kirk?  I get confused :S )

~ Wow! That pic up there looks like you could be on another planet! It looks like where Captain Kirk fought the Gorn!  :rofl:

The only place I've seen the sky THAT blue was in the Rockies, really high up.

I still don't have a clue where you are.

Hmmm...a possibility.

From the last known location....

34 E to 287

Left, north and northwest to 130

Left until you get to "100 years", continue on, but be on the "Lookout" for  "Mirror" and "Marie".

From the last known location....

34 E to 287

Left, north and northwest to 130

Left until you get to "100 years", continue on, but be on the "Lookout" for  "Mirror" and "Marie".

~ If I get to a hundred years, I will have been playing this game WAY too long.  8|

If only you had said Donny and Marie, I would've guessed Utah.