WildSurvive Forum

finally made a stand for my hawk block today. it folds up and is transportable.  have to get practiced up for farmagedon  :hugegrin:

Just don't miss and take out the neighbor's car window.  lol

~ how much does it weigh? It looks like a tree stump on a stand!  8|

the block (a 6 inch thick slab from a tree) weighs about 45-50 pounds. the stand maby weighs 20. 

ill be moving it to a different part of the yard.  but i get enough funny looks from the neighbors all the time anyways...I'm used to it.  my neighbore there on the other side of that little fence backed into a nice new car sitting about where that black one is the other day. there probably safer from my hawks and knives than from the neighbor  :rofl:

ill be moving it to a different part of the yard.  but i get enough funny looks from the neighbors all the time anyways...I'm used to it.  my neighbore there on the other side of that little fence backed into a nice new car sitting about where that black one is the other day. there probably safer from my hawks and knives than from the neighbor  :rofl:

~ I almost hit my neighbor's car the same way...  (Now I know that it's there, I look for it)  Used to barrel out of my driveway, in pitch dark at 5:55am with a car full of kids and backpacks, work gear, lunch bags, and school clothes on hangers because my kids were still half asleep!  :rofl:  I pity the fool who parked their car behind my hard to see out of Van.  :smoke:

~ I almost hit my neighbor's car the same way...  (Now I know that it's there, I look for it)  Used to barrel out of my driveway, in pitch dark at 5:55am with a car full of kids and backpacks, work gear, lunch bags, and school clothes on hangers because my kids were still half asleep!  :rofl:  I pity the fool who parked their car behind my hard to see out of Van.  :smoke:

i know someone else that did the same thing....now who was that,  hmmm i just cant remember  :hmm:

~ LMAO! I'm trying to imagine my neighbors reaction to my putting a big block of wood out in my front yard and throwing knives and hawks at it.  happy097.gif

(given my neighborHOOD.. I Might need to try that)  :whistle:

~ LMAO! I'm trying to imagine my neighbors reaction to my putting a big block of wood out in my front yard and throwing knives and hawks at it.  happy097.gif

(given my neighborHOOD.. I Might need to try that)  :whistle:

well ive gone from throwing knives and hawks to climbing a tree and pruning it with a bow saw to tanning animal hides and shooting  pellet guns, then loading up targets and real guns in the car to tieing a hammock up in the yard and then sleeping in it. all in one day. but what really trips them out is when i set up a tent in a foot of snow and camp in it. they think im going to wind up on the news the next day  :rofl:

Heres a night view just as the sun was setting. Ive got two flood lights on both ends of the cabin that I can switch on from the kitchen in the house. The porch light is a florescent bulb. Another blue florescent inside the cabin in the floor lamp and the blue ribbon sign. The table was just for getting the satellite set up for dish net work TV. We changed it for the floor lamp and side table to set the TV on.

nite_cabin_002.jpg.c79de4f6c8c095456f667af3a8a2d80d.jpg

nite_cabin_003.jpg.342deef67ec03ce09276e70ccd327d3a.jpg

nite_cabin_004.jpg.50fd924efbb9cd39b5d1b7c3f2c3e244.jpg

nite_cabin_007.jpg.6b1f6ff97eab1b829c3fb88b921158cb.jpg

nite_cabin_008.jpg.4d3d36e6e3afa52ebe29927b64f57dd5.jpg

~ It's a Man cave!  happy097.gif 

No red light...  just a blue light special.  :rofl:  I like it Swede!  :thumbsup:  It looks like it's decorated in Mid-Western Mid Century Neon... raw wood, with kind of a rural Bar theme in mind. Nice "space".  :smoke:

Do you have any idea what the cedar paneling costs?  :scared:

I guess the blue light inside might be a bit much.  :P

~ Screw the cedar paneling!  just LOOK at the grain in that wall! It's like expensive wall art, in and of itself! It looks completely raw and undone and not quite finished yet...  it compliments everyone on the site.  :thumbsup:

~ I think the blue light actually highlights the difference in the pattern of wood tones, it's starkness accents the curves of the grain.

(can you tell I watch a LOT of HGTV?)  :P :hugegrin:

It actually is unfinished rough bare wood. Its actually exterior wall paneling.

~ Well...  Bravo to you for using an exterior wall paneling in a unique and unconventional way. It really stands out. I like it just as it is.  :thumbup:  I'd never cover up that pattern with paint.