WildSurvive Forum

Guest smallgamehunter

i got red and blue lights handcuffs and a badge

we could make it look like an arrest for a out of state warrant

another wise call, but when he wakes up he will have a really bad headack, no beer and be 1000 miles from home. are you sure you want to be in the same van when that happens.  :P

Would we need to be?  Just put a Les Stroud mask on him and dump him in the cabin with Survivor Girl.

Would we need to be?  Just put a Les Stroud mask on him and dump him in the cabin with Survivor Girl.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think it would work unless she's blind. The ink would be a dead give away.

well I wont shoot a gun they scare me and I don't think you want me armed  :guns:

oh I am so nervious about the train ride :unsure: never traveled before by myself alone :nono: I mean I know i will be ok and all but just alittle scared  scared011.gif

well I wont shoot a gun they scare me and I don't think you want me armed  :guns:

oh I am so nervious about the train ride :unsure: never traveled before by myself alone :nono: I mean I know i will be ok and all but just alittle scared  scared011.gif

you will be fine SG. just remember. the first rule of survival...don't panic. I'm sure you will have a great trip. you will get to see alot of this country (take lots of pictures so you can share them with us) if you get nervous, or scared just remember, there is no bravery in not being afraid. bravery is being afraid but still taking on the challenges that we face head on.  i wish i could take a train trip across this country. i think it would be a great adventure you will always be able to look back on and say, Hell yeah! i did that!.  :arigato:

Look at it as an adventure, SG. We are all looking forward to meeting you.

I'll be happy to get you my cell phone number if you would like to have it in case need to call someone while you are traveling. 

Look at it as an adventure, SG. We are all looking forward to meeting you.

I'll be happy to get you my cell phone number if you would like to have it in case need to call someone while you are traveling. 

~ She doesn't have a cell phone.

SG, Go to Best Buy or Walmart and get one of the cheap (Like $20) Cell phone prepaids, then grab a refill card for it ($20 should be plenty, like 200 minutes worth if I remember right).  No contracts, only use it for emergencies or coordinating while your on the road.    They are great, I've used a couple and in the long run, if you don't use a phone much, or you just keep it for emergencies, this is a great way to have it available when you need it.

Just a side note. You may want to include some over the counter allergy meds. The goldenrod is pretty healthy this year. 

Kim. You will get on the train in your town. You cant go wrong there. You will stay on the train till you get to Chicago Union Station at 3:55  Arrive:

3:55 pm, Fri, Oct 5, 2012

Duration:

44 hr, 16 min

Amenities

383 Illinois Zephyr  (CHI  -  GBB)

Depart:

5:55 pm, Fri, Oct 5, 2012

You will have two hours to kill waiting for the train to Galesburg Illinois. You can grab something to eat but go back to the boarding lounge to wait. Dont leave the Union Station for any reason. There will be signs and loud speaker information annoucements for trains. You want 383 Illinois Zephyr  (CHI  -  GBB) GBB is Galesburg.

You can go to the Passenger Services if you have any questions. Its on the same floor.

boarding_lounge.thumb.JPG.fee2b4ac929819273645839babace7fd.JPG

SG, Go to Best Buy or Walmart and get one of the cheap (Like $20) Cell phone prepaids, then grab a refill card for it ($20 should be plenty, like 200 minutes worth if I remember right).  No contracts, only use it for emergencies or coordinating while your on the road.    They are great, I've used a couple and in the long run, if you don't use a phone much, or you just keep it for emergencies, this is a great way to have it available when you need it.

~ That's a good idea.

golden rod pollen is quite heavy. it settles to the earth, it gets a bad rap for allergies but really isnt the culprit. raggweed is number one and it tends to grow in the same areas as goldenrod. 

golden rod pollen is quite heavy. it settles to the earth, it gets a bad rap for allergies but really isnt the culprit. raggweed is number one and it tends to grow in the same areas as goldenrod. 

~ Pine pollen is the same way here. In the Spring, huge yellow clouds of it are just hanging in the early morning air... settling out on cars and everything else. But it's actually too big to even make it into the distal airways. It gets a bad rap too.

Guest smallgamehunter

kim the lounge at union station is about a 3 min walk from all the trains and the signs are everywhere for which train is which and theres always amtrak employees around to guide u to the right spot

SG, if you get a prepaid cell phone, you'll always have piece of mind. You can always keep in touch with someone to talk to. Just get their cell phone numbers, of course  ;)  Swede and any one of us are at your back. We all want to meet you and you won't want to miss the good time we're going to have.  :kiss: I'd be nervous too, but your in for the train ride of you life, enjoy!

Nothing beats cross country travel.  I've been back and forth across most of the county (From Iowa to Washington) and all over Europe by bus and train and really had an amazing time.  The sights, the places, the stops, the people you'll meet.  You are in for the adventure of a lifetime.  Get lots of pictures!!!!  AND keep a travel journal.  My biggest regret is not either writing down names or taking some notes as I traveled.  I remember the faces and good times, but the names have all slipped away.  :'(   

Enjoy the trip!!!

better yet, buy a video camera, and one of those less stroud camera holders he wears to free up his hands and video tape your trip. you could start your own tv show  :thumbsup:

better yet, buy a video camera, and one of those less stroud camera holders he wears to free up his hands and video tape your trip. you could start your own tv show  :thumbsup:

~ Yeah!  :thumbsup:  (just don't be ripping up the train seat cushions to make snow shoes, and try not to start any fires on the train, and don't pull any of the wires out of anything important when you're surveying your situation and trying to better your circumstances.  :whistle:)  :P :hugegrin: