WildSurvive Forum

Anyone flying in to either Cedar Rapids or Quad Cities, let me know and I might be able to pick you up on the way through.

Thats a better idea then flying into O'hare in Chicago and catching the train to Galesburg. Ill check on a direct flight to either airport Fat Guy. How far are you from Des Moines ?

Review and Continue

Review your selections

Flight: 1 Round-Trip Ticket

Change Flight

Thu, Oct 4, 2012

Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport (ATL) to  Moline (MLI)

Depart: 09:35am

Arrive: 10:32am

Atlanta, GA (ATL) to

Moline, IL (MLI)

Delta Air Lines Delta Air Lines

Flight 5494  operated by EXPRESSJET DBA DELTA CONNECTION

Economy Class

(on CRJ-700 CANADAIR REGIONAL)

Adult fare rules

Total Travel Time: 1 hr 57 mins

Sun, Oct 7, 2012

Moline (MLI) to  Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport (ATL)

Depart: 04:30pm

Arrive: 07:26pm

Moline, IL (MLI) to

Atlanta, GA (ATL)

Delta Air Lines Delta Air Lines

Flight 5192  operated by EXPRESSJET DBA DELTA CONNECTION

Economy Class

(on CRJ-700 CANADAIR REGIONAL)

Adult fare rules1 Adult:  $349.00  

Taxes + Airline Fees: $21.60  

Total payment due: $370.60 *

Des Moines is two hours the other way, so an additional 4 hours. 

Cedar Rapids and Quad Cities are right on the way.

Guest smallgamehunter

I'm interested

Des Moines is two hours the other way, so an additional 4 hours. 

Cedar Rapids and Quad Cities are right on the way.

She will have to drive into Atlanta that appears a little over an hour. There are no direct flights from where she lives and I hate changing planes. The $370 is round trip. How can you beat that? She should buy her ticket as soon as possible because theres quite a savings buying that far in advance.

When you fly, you almost always have to change planes.  Not really a big deal.  The majority of the time, your checked luggage makes it there as well (except for my trip this week...I just now got my second checked bag). It is annoying, but in 9 years of traveling, there have only been 5-6 times where my bags have not arrived with me.

I do avoid O'Hare in Chicago as much as possible. Last time I made it through there, but prior to that EVERY time I was routed through O'Hare, I was delayed.

im interested as well not sure how much money ill ahve to pitch in for food but im down for chopping wood and helping with clean up im moving hopefully at the end of july

When you fly, you almost always have to change planes.  Not really a big deal.  The majority of the time, your checked luggage makes it there as well (except for my trip this week...I just now got my second checked bag). It is annoying, but in 9 years of traveling, there have only been 5-6 times where my bags have not arrived with me.

I do avoid O'Hare in Chicago as much as possible. Last time I made it through there, but prior to that EVERY time I was routed through O'Hare, I was delayed.

~ Atlanta Airport is the world's busiest Airport. They ALWAYS have delays. Everywhere I've ever had to go has involved sitting for hours on end waiting for connections. I purposefully took off enough time to drive. I enjoy driving places I've never been. When I fly, every town starts looking alike except for the background. Especially around airports. There's always An Applebee's, a Ruby Tuesdays, an Old Navy in a strip mall, with a Petsmart near by punctuated with McDonalds and Outbacks, and LOWES. I don't care if it takes me half a day. I'd rather be alone in my car... (alone time is something I do not often get)  than sitting around half a million people rushing to get somewhere. The drive itself will be a vacation to me. Plus....  I always like to have my car with me, just in case there's a tornado.  :whistle:

~ Atlanta Airport is the world's busiest Airport. They ALWAYS have delays. Everywhere I've ever had to go has involved sitting for hours on end waiting for connections. I purposefully took off enough time to drive. I enjoy driving places I've never been. When I fly, every town starts looking alike except for the background. Especially around airports. There's always An Applebee's, a Ruby Tuesdays, an Old Navy in a strip mall, with a Petsmart near by punctuated with McDonalds and Outbacks, and LOWES. I don't care if it takes me half a day. I'd rather be alone in my car... (alone time is something I do not often get)  than sitting around half a million people rushing to get somewhere. The drive itself will be a vacation to me. Plus....  I always like to have my car with me, just in case there's a tornado.  :whistle:

i like driving to and probably will never fly i hope the drive goes well for you and hope to see you and every one else

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

~ I'm going to Perform a Catholic Nun Exorcism on OFG at Farmageddon. I'm sensing a really powerful old biddy hiding somewhere deep in his left front brain.  :smoke:  IT won't be pretty. We just have to keep her from running into the Medula Oblongata. I really don't want to go after her in there.

~ I'm going to Perform a Catholic Nun Exorcism on OFG at Farmageddon. I'm sensing a really powerful old biddy hiding somewhere deep in his left front brain.  :smoke:  IT won't be pretty. We just have to keep her from running into the Medula Oblongata. I really don't want to go after her in there.

"Get thee to a nunnery."

"Get thee to a nunnery."

~ It's not That easy, OFG. Please, those nun spirits of suppression never want to give up their strongholds without a fight.  :thumbdown:  Why do you  think they call them Nuns? Cause when you're a little kid you see something you like, and they tell you ... "It's Evil! You can have NONE" whatever you like....  "There will be NONE Of that!"  :nop:

~ It's not That easy, OFG. Please, those nun spirits of suppression never want to give up their strongholds without a fight.  :thumbdown:  Why do you  think they call them Nuns? Cause when you're a little kid you see something you like, and they tell you ... "It's Evil! You can have NONE" whatever you like....  "There will be NONE Of that!"  :nop:

Nun's are bad ass.  They can beat the crap out of you with niceness and you don't even realize.

~ Y'all know I'm teasing right? I don't really have anything against nuns. Only this ONE I met at this one ST. (Such and such) hospital where I did my first clinicals in my fourth year of college.  :P This oldest Nun was a mean old biddy, who seemed to hate men. The guys in my clinical group were never allowed to take care of a female patient... which is obsurd in this day and time in a hospital setting. She told them when they got jobs they'd never be allowed to take care of a female patient. THAT's how behind the times she was.  wacky115.gif You could make up a bed with hospital corners tucked in just so, and she'd walk right in, and without even looking at what you'd done, she'd rip up all the sheets and covers, throw them on the floor and tell you to get new bedding and do it over! She was like the Drill Sargent in Full Metal Jacket. Only worse!  :rofl:  She'd make you melt off the "corners" of the ice cubes when you made an ice pack. (It just made the ice all stick together) plus They don't even use ice packs anymore... they have chemical ice packs that are disposable.

Then I had a friend who worked at the hospital and she told me that cases of Wine and Liquor (Vodka etc) were delivered to the "Nun's" quarters every week. So if they were the brides of Christ, they sure were getting their drunk on pretty regularly. She acted half lit most of the time anyway. They have long sense got rid of the "Nuns" at that hospital, but their legend lives on in my mind anyway.  :smoke:

I want to go but have no way to get there I will help with fire starting and gathering wood and I have a tent that can sleep 2 or 3 people keep me in the loop  :)

~ Cool Kim. Maybe we can figure out a way to get you there.  :thumbsup:

if she dosnt mind we might be able to parachute her in, i hear flights are cheaper when they dont have to land.  :whistle:  :rofl:

if she dosnt mind we might be able to parachute her in, i hear flights are cheaper when they dont have to land.  :whistle:  :rofl:

~ Dang Razor, she watches Les Stroud, NOT Bear Grylls. She wouldn't have a clue how to do that.  :nono: