WildSurvive Forum
Swede

Name this Edbile Plant

here, this is an easy one but one alot of people dont know is edible. (the petals and the little nut like tubers on the roots.) 

2012-06-06_18_11_22.thumb.jpg.3b3bc8107e55e1fc2938e0c9e2d45ade.jpg

2012-05-28_14_05_32.thumb.jpg.7ba8c6fadb7fdc95bda089d7acad9e47.jpg

yep, my mom showed me that when i was a kid. i don't know how much real nutritional value you get from the petals but they're tasty in a salad or just off the plant. i personally like the tubers the most.  i don't think there as nutritious as rose petals and rose hips but i think there thicker and more filling.  rose hips have a crapload of vitamin c to. i don't know if day Lillie's do or not.

Top picture looks to be red raspberries - leaves in groups of three with the two opposing leaves having very short stems (almost connected).  More shallower scallops on the leaves than black raspberries. 

Bottom picture looks to be a blackberry - 5 leaves instead of three.

I'll have to let someone else try...

ok, im sure ofg or swede know it. its prevailant around here, i dont know about out east though. could be why you dont recognize it. im terrible with western plants myself. anything past the rockies that dont grow here...im screwed.

I pull these out of my garden and flower beds pretty regularly.  It has a long tap root.  I have no clue what it is called or if it edible.

correct Ofg.

And here all along I just thought this was a crap weed.  From what I find, you can eat and/or cook the leaves and small stems?  Any experience with this?

I usually just strip the leaves off the stem and toss them on whatever im eating. Ive boiled and steamed them but they turn to mush and it takes a lot to make a meal.  If you check out my memorialday pack in camping trip in razors world you will see a pot of raman noodled with some different edible plants. Lambs qaurter was one of the plants in that pot.