WildSurvive Forum

Well, the tropical storm coming into the gulf is apparently generating a lot of severe thunderstorms and  knocking out power in a lot of places to the south of here. It is also apparently causing a significant chance of tornadoes and we have a 50% chance of seeing a tornado here in this area It's 2:33 and the squalls are supposed to hit around 3 and last till 6 pm with gusts up to 50mph. While the power is still working, and I still have internet access, I thought I'd share a few more shots from south Florida.

The rivers in the area are in flood stage from all of the rain from the last few weeks, so a lot of the dirt roads in the woods around the rivers and swamps are a little soggy and up over my hubs in some places.

DSC_2049.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0629.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

DSC_0642.jpg

DSC_1957.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

My go-to gear in this area has been my snake boots, and the “mini-kit” I've built around a TOPS machete and the two large utility pouches on the sheath. I have it rigged up with an improvised bladric set up using some paracord for now. Since I usually have another knife on my belt as well on my right side I carry the machete on my left side and I like how it draws from there.

DSC_1825.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_1852.jpg

I haven't typically been a machete fan. I like the thickness of the Ontario machetes but hate the plastic handles and carppy rivets of the ones I have. Most other commercially available machetes are too thin to suit me. I am really liking this one so far. I really like the thickness, I love the handle, it feels great, handles well, and I really like how it cuts.

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0496.jpg

DSC_2038.jpg

DSC_2044.jpg

DSC_2046.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg

Lots of small critters here

DSC_0411.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

DSC_1989.jpg

DSC_1998.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

DSC_0613.jpg

Lots of orb weavers too. Always interesting when you're focused on something in the distance and this...

DSC_0432.jpg

turns into this.

DSC_0430-1.jpg

Lots of them here, best to pay attention or you end up with one on your face and an accelerated heart rate.

DSC_2035.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

Lots of small frogs around

DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_1841.jpg

DSC_1844.jpg

DSC_1845.jpg

Lots of fungi

DSC_2055.jpg

DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

DSC_2030.jpg

DSC_2075.jpg

DSC_2081.jpg

DSC_2093.jpg

DSC_2053.jpg

Ans several owls

DSC_2097crp.jpg

DSC_2095crp2.jpg

DSC_2086.jpg

DSC_2074.jpg

great pictures mist!

Thanks Razor!

Beautiful pics, great camera, interesting subjects.

Thank you Sharen, yeah lots of interesting subjects down this way. I picked up a D90 a month ago, definitely loving the camera.

~ Great images mistwalker! I liked them all.  :arigato:  Those waters look rich in tannins...

Thanks D, glad you enjoyed the post! Yeah, lots of dark water here even the shallow pools I've been driving through.