WildSurvive Forum
razor sharp

the good the bad and the ugly... reviews on concealed carry handguns

Thanks, Razor.  It was fun putting some rounds through this one today.

And you are correct, the Glock 26 will take the 15 round mags from a Glock 19 (and all they way up to the 33 round mags).  Mag release placement is the same as well.

Thanks, Razor.  It was fun putting some rounds through this one today.

And you are correct, the Glock 26 will take the 15 round mags from a Glock 19.  Mag release placement is the same as well.

i wish i still had my other carry guns to review but i sold one along time ago and i traded the smith and wesson for the sig. thanks for the info.

Here's my everyday carry.

As I said before, the push button release is very intuitive to use. It's right where it needs to be and is very secure. I generally wear an open over shirt.

I started carrying the extra mags after an incident right outside my shop.

I was on the dock talking a delivery driver when three cars came racing around the corner with at least three guys in each car. 2 from each car got out and approached a vehicle in the lot. 2 of them ran in the building and came out shortly after shaking their heads. They spotted me and the driver, jumped back in the cars and took off.

There is some gang activity in Manchester and my shop isn't exactly in a nice section of town. Not the worst, but not great. I got to thinking.

A.) I need to step up my efforts to get out of the city

B.) Had I been forced into defending myself, could I have successfully?

While I wasn't their target, I just as easily could have wound up in the middle.

Assuming that you can anticipate all threats is imo, foolhardy and potentially deadly. That whole scene took place in about 1 minute. Completely unexpected and unprovoked. I try and practice for all contingencies but am not naive enough to think I can see everything coming.

Had I been the intended target, I doubt it would have ended well for me or some of them.

glock.jpg.5c7d269590c440fdb1912f722486ea91.jpg

glock1.jpg.00049b443451c841771de8bd67f7cdf0.jpg

I have a blackhawk serpa holster almost identical to that with a finger realease. I like it alot. Like you said. Verry intuative to use. Your finger is right where it needs to be.

Thanks, insaneHB.  I have looked at those holsters from Blackhawk and wondered how well they hold up.

Mines an itac. You'll have to ask razor about the blackhawk.

I can tell you that for 25.00 , I've had it for 2 years with no probs. Not sure what a blackhawk runs.

Mines an itac. You'll have to ask razor about the blackhawk.

I can tell you that for 25.00 , I've had it for 2 years with no probs. Not sure what a blackhawk runs.

Thanks!

I think i paid abiut 45 bucks on ebay.  The blackhawk serpa comes with two different belt clips. One of witch is a wide paddle thats curved and holds the pistol quite comfortably. The other is a belt slide. There fully sdjustable for drop and cant. I used mine the lsst year i shot uspsa.  Its a tough bugger. Real high quality. I just prefer iwb for carry most the time so i use the galcos alot more.

these are my carry rigs. the shorter black leather galco was for my smith and wesson 908 i traded up for the sig. the small brown one i bought for the sig. the plastic one is the blackhawk serpa.

ccw_001.JPG.678e4e472ad6905f1e5ff4587bffbfa6.JPG

the blackhawk comes with two different back plates. one is a nice curved paddle that is easy to put on and take off and is really comfortable with a large heavy pistol. it has a finger break that rides right where your finger naturaly goes when you draw. its tension is adjustable and under severe panic you can override it by yanking on it like your life depends on it.  both plates are adjustable for rise and cant (the tilt of the pistol) from an FBI cant to  reversed for cross draw. the other plate is a belt slide that's adjustable for different width belts. 

ccw_015.JPG.6d99f6bbb2989844aad216c936272484.JPG

this is it on the body.  it takes a fleace , a coat or a very stout shirt to keep it from printing unless you bend over. not the best for discreet carry but the fastest drawing and the most comfortable way to carry a large pistol. (my own opinion)  i used this one for uspsa competition for a while and it is fast and easy to use. its also tough as nails.

ccw_002.JPG.97e8e0493bcea0f4d022f3604acfdc47.JPG

ccw_004.JPG.59ff8a3e06549d68d55a6d045bc3b2ec.JPG

this is my preferred rig for my full sized pistol when i need to be a little more discreet.  its a galco i forget the model and ive had it for quite a few years. its still going strong. it has a loop built in at the top that keeps the holster from closing so its easy to re holster. it still draws pretty fast to. it has a built in FBI cant so the gun leans forward slightly. this essentially shortens it and makes it more comfortable when sitting. the plus of using a leather rig like this galco is that it flexes at the loops so when you sit down it moves a little and stays pretty comfortable. it stays fairly well concealed under just a long light shirt but is completely unnoticeable under a hoodie or a baggy fleece. unless you bend at the waist then it will still print some.

ccw_005.JPG.b69b2696dda2fd205fe5333f66a9f4ad.JPG

ccw_009.JPG.bbb417428672b6f22ef9e99715d32e54.JPG

and this is a tuckable galco that i bought for the sig 938. the pistol is small enough that i can just stick it in a pocket (and im sure ill do that at times) but im a huge fan of muscle memory. i know that during any intense adrenaline pumping fight or flight scenario you will loose fine motor skills and fumble around a bit with anything unfamiliar. so i preffer to carry it in the same place as the other pistols ive carried. that way its always the same.  this holster has a belt hook that's attached lower on the holster so you can essentially tuck a shirt outside the pistol but inside the pants rendering it all but invisible.  i can wear this rig with just a t shirt on a hot summer day and go unnoticed for sure. the pistol is so small and light that after about 15 minutes i literally forget I'm wearing it. 

ccw_010.JPG.5c58fa9f8ddefb157e27b5e1207c8f47.JPG

ccw_011.JPG.e849a00c93ca4d8fb7d82d046efe8520.JPG

ccw_012.JPG.e949a75b6d815e40f3d7487051150967.JPG

Great post brother, you have some excellent information here!  Thank you so much for sharing!

PS- I think I have that same dress shirt :P

yeah..but is it a size xl  :P

Good article ofg.

I've been called a great many things, but never stylish.  gen165.gif

There ya go...ya now have something to work towards.