WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rockhounder

Thank You Campies!

Thank you all at this forum for being a part of my life for quite a few years. Most of us gathered because of Les, and Les, if you ever come back here, I hope you read this. We gathered together because of a commonality we all had, and that was because we all wanted to learn about survival. Not only wilderness survival but survival in life... We all have situations in our lives that lend to bringing out the core instincts in human nature, worry, fear, happiness, sorrow, but it all leads to an instinct that gathers us. No matter the difference in gender, race, or any other differences we have, when crisis occurs, none of our prejudices matter, we gather as a race, and that race is human.

I'm moving on to other things in life, and sadly, want to announce to all of my friends here at wildsurvive that I'm no longer going to be a member of wildsurvive.com. The owner of this website has expressed his concern that I'm a problem maker here and he has decided to recsind my status as an administrator, and/or moderator because he feels that I am a threat to this website because of my lack of responsibility as an administrator.

I thank you all who have contacted me over these few months in my absence on WS.

Thank you all at this forum for being a part of my life for quite a few years. Most of us gathered because of Les, and Les, if you ever come back here, I hope you read this. We gathered together because of a commonality we all had, and that was because we all wanted to learn about survival. Not only wilderness survival but survival in life... We all have situations in our lives that lend to bringing out the core instincts in human nature, worry, fear, happiness, sorrow, but it all leads to an instinct that gathers us. No matter the difference in gender, race, or any other differences we have, when crisis occurs, none of our prejudices matter, we gather as a race, and that race is human.

I'm moving on to other things in life, and sadly, want to announce to all of my friends here at wildsurvive that I'm no longer going to be a member of wildsurvive.com. The owner of this website has expressed his concern that I'm a problem maker here and he has decided to recsind my status as an administrator, and/or moderator because he feels that I am a threat to this website because of my lack of responsibility as an administrator.

I thank you all who have contacted me over these few months in my absence on WS.

~ so what I hear you saying is that if you can't be an "admin" you can't hang with us?  :dontgetit:

We're not fellow coworkers, or part of your "office staff". We're your friends. Your letter read like a letter of resignation. However, If this really was a job (like you're describing it as), you'd have been fired three months ago for walking out on the job, or even WAY before that for habitually not showing up a week or two at a time. Friends deal with that kind of absence with no problem, But an Employer who expected you to do a job, would not. Why do you think you deserved to be in that position?

You couldn't stuck around and been friends with us still.

Im afraid thats it exactly. An administrator has the power to delete any post or entire threads and even entire sections. Change passwords, profile information, spam private messages, change any ones permissions, change the appearance of the entire forum page, remove data that could be lost and irretrievable.Delete any ones membership including my own and destroy the entire operating system by changing the operating program.

There was nothing personal and he was never asked to leave. I simply couldnt trust Rocky to have the keys to the administration panel in his current frame of mind. He has been under extreme stress for years and working full time and trying to raise teenage boys by himself. Im not making excuses for the man Ive been there and I know how that can effect a person. It almost killed me.