WildSurvive Forum

I have a friend making me a 55lb hickory long bow.  Should have it in a couple of weeks.  I just need to make the string (I like to build my own bow strings) and wrap the handle myself.  (Still deciding on cord wrap or leather wrap (I just held a pony bow with a soft leather wrap that was pretty awesome today, so I think I'll go that route).  I'll bring that along.  I will get my father in laws recurves.  His recurves were left to him by his cousin, who was very short.  They are lighter recurves at 40 and 45 lbs.  Great for younger shooters (Or the young at heart) who have trouble drawing stronger bows.  Great little target bows.  I'll try to bring all of them so everyone will be able to shoot something.  I have 2 dozen aluminum arrows with field points, and I hope to have 6 or 8 Cedar's built for the long bow by then also.

oh that sounds awesome I want to come a day early so I don't miss anything I can help set up too

Stay all you like girl friend.

oh that sounds awesome I want to come a day early so I don't miss anything I can help set up too

Bring Les along too.

Alrighty, lets get a time set!  Would spring work for anyone?  Just saying, summer is hell in Iowa and Illinois with the 100 plus days.  If its 70's then its no problem, but maybe we'd be better off in spring?  What do we all think?

our spring camporee is the weakend of the 20th. after that im wide open till may 18th.  but if it works out we could do it memorial day weakend. if anyones game for that

Last three day weekend in May 24fri.- 25 26 -27Mon. is Memorial day. Ill alert the media.

Last three day weekend in May 24fri.- 25 26 -27Mon. is Memorial day. Ill alert the media.

i think that would be a good weekend for a campout. everyone should have it off or most anyways. 

ok, lets shoot for a different weekend. i only have plans for the weekend before memorial day weekend. its our boyscout camporee.  other than that im open for any time.

may works but I don't know how much $$$ I would have saved up by then

Youll have enough Kim.

with enough notice as long as im not deployed again i can get just about anything off

So far so good.  I'll have to double check my wife's schedule, but mine is clear that weekend. 

Only issue for me is going to be travel.  I have to watch my vacation days as I've used too many already and will be cutting it close for scout camp, boundary waters and woodbadge this year.  So if it's someplace I can reach in a couple hours, I'm golden.  But don't change the venue on my account.  Whatever works best for the majority is what works best! 

Two and a half hours one way Doc.

Im thinking of calling it "Legends of The Farm" 2013

OH, I was thinking everyone was looking at doing it further south-east for the southern guys.  Duh  wacky078.gif .  Yeah, at the farm wont be a problem at all. 

happy070.gif