WildSurvive Forum
wingman115

Sling Bow Archer's Paradox Video

In this video I try to show a arrow in flight as it's leaving the Sling Bow to illustrate  the effects of the arrow when there is a preload put on it from the bands of the sling shot.

thanks for the video. have you ever cronagraphed your slingbow. id be real curious to know what the fps is on the arrow.  true archers paradox happens when a wooden arrow is shot from a traditional bow. the wood bends as force is applied to the shaft. with modern carbon arrows and in line shooting rests. (the arrow doesn't have to bend around the handhold because the shelf is cut into the handle so the string and arrow ride in a strait path) archers paradox is really limited. i personally don't think if your using the sling bow and a carbon arrow it would even be a factor. thank you for doing this video wingman. i think it does a good job of showing that you shouldn't really need to worry about it and aim true.  :thumbup:

thanks for the video. have you ever cronagraphed your slingbow. id be real curious to know what the fps is on the arrow.  true archers paradox happens when a wooden arrow is shot from a traditional bow. the wood bends as force is applied to the shaft. with modern carbon arrows and in line shooting rests. (the arrow doesn't have to bend around the handhold because the shelf is cut into the handle so the string and arrow ride in a strait path) archers paradox is really limited. i personally don't think if your using the sling bow and a carbon arrow it would even be a factor. thank you for doing this video wingman. i think it does a good job of showing that you shouldn't really need to worry about it and aim true.  :thumbup:

Razor mine shoots at a out 130 fps I have a video of it up on my YouTube channel. Thanks for sharing information.

Razor mine shoots at a out 130 fps I have a video of it up on my YouTube channel. Thanks for sharing information.

cool, thanks for the info. at 130 fps i dont think archers paradox will effect the arrow much so aim true and you should be allright.

cool, thanks for the info. at 130 fps i dont think archers paradox will effect the arrow much so aim true and you should be allright.

Thanks brother. I'm not sure if you caught in one of the clips the arrow the arrow flew tip down for a third of its flight then straitened out.

Thanks brother. I'm not sure if you caught in one of the clips the arrow the arrow flew tip down for a third of its flight then straitened out.

yep, i did, that's arrowdynamics. that's what the fletchings fix. its also how you paper tune a compound bow. the only way to eliminate that is to guarantee the power realeased to the shaft is in the exact same place everytime. it would almost take a machine rest to do that. but what you show with that is important. its the same thing that happens when you release an atlatl. only its way more exaggerated with that set up but all the same principles apply. believe me i am not in any way arguing with you. its great info thank you for sharing.

yep, i did, that's arrowdynamics. that's what the fletchings fix. its also how you paper tune a compound bow. the only way to eliminate that is to guarantee the power realeased to the shaft is in the exact same place everytime. it would almost take a machine rest to do that. but what you show with that is important. its the same thing that happens when you release an atlatl. only its way more exaggerated with that set up but all the same principles apply. believe me i am not in any way arguing with you. its great info thank you for sharing.

I value your opinion thanks for posting I learn so much from the comments after posting videos. Thanks again for checking in.