WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
newzealandsurvival

some easy and sneaky hunting

Hello, I have short the odd critter lately but having moved into a new house Im still unpacking, Im due to get out again for another deer for the freezer, I have a trail camera set up as well with some good results

spy_cam_2_016.JPG.4454efeb95b79e43f5bd2f5fdc1e71e2.JPG

red_hind.jpg.6afbba46e43e90666a934ce13e1b1794.jpg

deer_cam_3_020.JPG.215305e71e3c0dc5485d3a019ec462fc.JPG

deer_004.JPG.6135e7005cbcb75d48042317c3e1f092.JPG

good for you my cusin hunts to and is teaching his kids to hunt he has his freezer full too they might take me I think I have to take a class first then I can go

we call them hinds  :hugegrin:  dropped her with my single shot Bergara 7mm-08, the patchy coloured ones are Fallow deer, amazing eating but I dont shoot them in this paticular area, I like to have them handy for photography and just watching them.  Have shot a few more yearling red deer lately for the freezer.

just checked them out, cool looking lighter breed.

7mm-08, damn, i guess its rather hilly there, and long shots might be needed!

its probably the most common calibre here, very little difference between the 7mm-08 and a 308 which is also very popular, many people like using .223 ( 5.56 ) for deer hunting in the bush, a well placed neck or head shot works well. Yes its very hilly country here, most hunting is either in tight bush or long shots up to 500m on the open tops country or river flats.