WildSurvive Forum
tsitenha

Carrying charms/lucky pieces with them when thry go bushcrafting

whatever knife im carrying is my lucky charm  :hugegrin:  i have a small medicine bag i made from a deer i killed. i used to keep a razor sharp piece of chert in it and small river rock for knife sharpening. sometimes id gather tinder and stuff in it to. i guess i may have considered it my lucky charm. now it resides with my bowdrill kit for demonstrations. i have a primitive cigarette lighter in it.  lighter001.jpg

001-9.jpg

Not just when out but everyday for decades. Just not on the rare occasions when I have to do a TSA checkpoint.

Yep, I carry my 3 lucky knives, my lucky fire starter, my lucky can opener, my lucky lighter, and my lucky paracord. 

I carry a medicine bag around my neck, it has items that are spiritual for me. I usually carry an ivory pendant that my father gave to me along, long time ago.

This is the RoadID dogtag I wear all the time (I've worn out a couple of chains already).  This is not a good luck charm or anything like that.  For me, it serves as a constant reminder.

rejoicee.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The back is engraved with my name, address and emergency contact phone number (a return address...).