WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Muddy Pete's day off (Church of the good big woods)

I made a leather sheath for my frog gig. It’s functional but still too big. Next week I’m going to try Kydex.

f3ll.jpg

I tried stitching but that didn’t work so super glued the edges.

9asx.jpg

vx6q.jpg

v7qx.jpg

My coworker wanted to go to upstate New York today but due to weather and it being really far away. That didn't happen. Instead we ended up going to the NJ Pine Barrens. My coworker is not a hiker and after I stopped scaring the crap out him (If we get lost we can drink pee) we saw a couple of deer, actually saw what's inside the buildings at Batsto.

and whats inside the buildings at batsto  :huh:

There's a reproduction of a general store, a stable and several living quarters. I saw an antique apple corer. I wonder if I could do that with a wine cork screw.   

yeah..but you don't have to worry about the core  :P

I just got done fixing the wall from when I shot the bow in the hallwa...HEY! I just had an idea.

An interesting quesion came up about the compass on his smart phone. Does it still work if the phone is not getting a signal? His seemed to work but was off by a few degrees from what my compasses were reading.

The one in my GPS works without satellite reception and I have one in a watch but both have to be calibrated when you move to a differant area

The one in my GPS works without satellite reception and I have one in a watch but both have to be calibrated when you move to a differant area

Good to know. He freaked a little when he couldn't get a bar. He freaked a little more when I pulled out my knife to see if his compass app was affected by a nearby metal object.

Day hike on Wednesday.

g9rd.jpg

jo6b.jpg

o0ya.jpg

u1gn.jpg

n5hv.jpg

5xik.jpg

The Shore line trimmed some of the pine trees along the tracks. So there was a cause for fat wood.

auv3.jpg

I love that last pic of the tracks, a picture can say so many things and that one just speaks volumes to me.

My coworker wanted to go to upstate New York today but due to weather and it being really far away. That didn't happen. Instead we ended up going to the NJ Pine Barrens. My coworker is not a hiker and after I stopped scaring the crap out him (If we get lost we can drink pee) we saw a couple of deer, actually saw what's inside the buildings at Batsto.

Sounds like it would have been hilarious to see.