WildSurvive Forum
bobimbob

Strictly survival firearm

How about a Remington 870 pump, shorten it as much as you can to still keep it legal, add the extender to the magazine to give you 8 rounds or so? 

Remington used to market a "home defense" 410 pump, overall length 28", pistol grip front stock.  A shotgun, even a small 410 will stop just about anyone or anything, but the shot won't pentrate walls like a round from a handgun.

Wasn't there once a shotgun made in 20 gauge that had an alluminum alloy reciever?  Would that be a light weight answer or a problem waiting to happen?  Can't remember where I saw that, probably not made any longer. The trend now is for 3 or 3.5 inch shells.  Anyone familiar with this type of shotgun?

Guest smallgamehunter

i think remington or browning used to make one like that photon

ive heard some guy around my parts use some custom made .22 lr under...and on top either a 20 or a 410.......both are break action, and apparantly thery are some of the best rabbit guns.

i still like the backpacker .22........it fits in its own little stock, hols 10 or 12 in the little stick mag........and the most of a box in the storage area in the stock........and im sure you can single load shorts as well, making a couple boxes stored in the back

kinda looks like a pistol, but with a stock, and it all comes aprat....has like a 14'' barrel or something.....you can get em here in canada for about 250