WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Welcome to the Jersey Shore. We baaack!

New year, new adventures in the Garden State.

Stone Harbor, Cape May County. Downtown 96th street and Third Avenue. This was taken  during Hurricane Sandy by a co-worker who is with the volunteer fire department.

hsandysh.jpg

Stone Harbor 48 hours later. We were very lucky.

pa310001o.jpg

And the day after that it snowed.

pb070091.jpg

On the road to Strathmere this morning. It was actually quite warm today.

p1200020q.jpg

Lunch at the Deauville Inn Strathmere, NJ. They had some damage and are still doing repairs but are expected to back up before the summer.

p1200021z.jpg

p1200022r.jpg

p1200023y.jpg

p1200024s.jpg

Downtown Sea Isle, NJ. Sea Isle had flooding and some street damage.

p1200026t.jpg

our town has flooded a few times to muddy. we are right on a river. my home is to high and far away to get hit but ive seen the gas station at the edge of town half under water.

it was -4 here this morning without the windchil. i hear you guys might be getting even worse soon. stay warm buddy  :arigato:

Further inland is expecting bad weather. Here on the coast there's less then 1" of snow expected this week.

id take 3 feet of snow over -30 anyday. i remeber one time my dad had me climb out a bedroom window with a shovel to be able to open the front door. the snow was almost 6 feet deep. it drifted against the door.

id take 3 feet of snow over -30 anyday. i remeber one time my dad had me climb out a bedroom window with a shovel to be able to open the front door. the snow was almost 6 feet deep. it drifted against the door.

I have a picture someplace of me in the tractor on the farm after a snowstorm.  I was clearing out the driveway and the drift in front of the garage was as high as the cab on the tractor.

I had to climb UP out of the third floor attic window in a blizzard with yeti-pterodactyls swooping at me to even get to the tractor.

I had to climb out a window with a shovel once to move a 6 foot drift that blocked the front door.

Sure this ought to be in the exaggerations and lies thread.

Looks to be on the quiet side rig

In July it will be 90 degrees and there will be 50,000 people here.

p1260030w.jpg

p1260032.jpg

Sure appears quiet this time of year. Is there a lot of businesses that don't make it through the winter? Down in Gatlinburg, TN they have a lot of business die off during the slow season.

There are a few local shops that are open all year long. Most of them close in October and reopen in April.

I think the census was 300-400 year round residents in Stone Harbor and 50000 tourists per week in July and August. That's a lot of people in a town that's 2 miles long and 1/2 mile wide.