WildSurvive Forum
offtrail

Waiting To Go Fishing

I live in Ohio so it's still cold here. Spring however is right around the corner and I'm itching to get out. This year it's taken way to long to warm up even a little. You guys will learn that I love to fish and I believe fishing is the best way to put food on the table in a survival situation. When hunting with a gun the report of a shot will give away your location, not good if you ask me. So how many here are proficient when it comes to obtaining fish for survival?

I live in Ohio so it's still cold here. Spring however is right around the corner and I'm itching to get out. This year it's taken way to long to warm up even a little. You guys will learn that I love to fish and I believe fishing is the best way to put food on the table in a survival situation. When hunting with a gun the report of a shot will give away your location, not good if you ask me. So how many here are proficient when it comes to obtaining fish for survival?

im a fisherman myself OT. ive used bank lines and trot lines to gather fish. you are 100% right. fishing is how alot of primative tribes  aquire food in the wild. i always carry a pfk (personal fishing kit) with me in the wild. and i know how to aquire bait when i need it.  im looking forward to your tutorials on fishing. ill bet you have a lot of experience to share.

fishing is easy.

basic kit.....hooks, lead shots, bobbers.

combined with a good light rod and some 4lb test, you can reel in almost anything.

btw i salmon fish with 6lb test, im a light line fanatic!

Channel cat fish in the spring right after ice out. Red worms if you cant dig sand worms or get dew worms. Then Crappies when the water temps get around 50+. Stripers near the Mississippi river in feeder streams that flow into the river. Wax worms, red worms and small spinners like the no.4 and 3 mepps. Yup I fish.

Amisk Lake Saskatchewan Canada Northern Pike

canadatrip082016.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My name is KW and I have a fishing problem. Doesn't matter what I catch or how I catch it(to be honest I don't even have to catch anything to have fun).  Saltwater or  freshwater. I prefer pan fish and catfish to eat. Hoping to get into some hybrids on Cherokee Lake this year down in Tenn. Good fishing to ya!

I love to take the drag all the way out and fish for bluegills.  LOL, Nothing like hearing a 10 oz fish drag the line out like a 20lb Bass.  LOL    Lots of fun.

I too am a fishing addict my boys and I can be found along the river most days.  And I have a pink fishing pole LOL.  Long story short, a friend once asked me what they should get their husband for fathers day from their kids.  I told them something unique, like a pink toolbox or a pink fishing pole, so that it stands out and every time they use it they will think about the people who gave it to them.  This person told my wife, and she hunted down a pink fishing pole for her and the boys to give me, been using it ever since. 

My name is KW and I have a fishing problem. Doesn't matter what I catch or how I catch it(to be honest I don't even have to catch anything to have fun).  Saltwater or  freshwater. I prefer pan fish and catfish to eat. Hoping to get into some hybrids on Cherokee Lake this year down in Tenn. Good fishing to ya!

~ my name is taken, and I have a fishing problem too. Problem is, I don't catch them, I keep them. I'm highly uncomfortable in a house that doesn't have a fish in it. I have a lot of knowledge about how to keep fish, but I've never really caught one that I didn't put back. I have however caught many fish... both saltwater and fresh with a dip net in my living room.  :yes:

I love to go fishing. Love sitting in the John boat, sun shinning or raining to fish. As long as Swede puts the first worm on my  hook, I'm okay.  I start catching fish, worms don't bother me then.  Getting them off the hook is another problem. :o