WildSurvive Forum
hillbillytowing

Book suggestions

Ok I have no internet other than my phone and no cable tv so I'm looking to start reading again theres a local book store that trades books so I'm collecting all the ones I won't read to trade for new ones any suggestions I'm looking for end of the world apocalypse type stores mainly but will consider instructional books as well

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I am reading the Dies the Fire series that Watcher has mentioned a couple of times. Very enjoyable thus far.

It really depends on what you like, HBT.  I am a fan of murder mysteries.  I have read the majority of the books by James Paterson as well as Patricia Cornwell.  If you like some humor mixed in, try Janet Evanovich. 

One of my favorite series (I only read about 1/3 of them, hard to find any more but they show up at used book stores all the time.  I'm going to try to collect them so I can read the entire series).

The Survivalist series by Jerry Ahern.  It had some great details and gives lots of ideas about realistic survival in a post apocalyptic world (Scavenging, whats useful what isn't, ideas for using scavenged materials  etc).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Survivalist

Ofg that's just it I haven't pinpointed what kind if books interest me last book I read was sweet Thursday I have read a lot of Luis lamore western storys doc I will look into bowth links

I'm a HUGE Luis Lamore fan.  My father had almost all the books, I've read them so many times.  Them Sackets are my favorites.  :woot: :woot:

I need to finish "Lights Out"  and "299 days".  I'm half way through both and even though they are excellent reads (Although lights out has way too many "Coincidences" to be plausible (299 days is dead nuts accurate).  I just never seem to have the time to read.

Dust by Charles Pellegrino.

The writing is not good quality, but typical of sci-fi fare written (by a scientist in this case) and the premise is very thought-provoking, unusual, and not implausible.

Paleontological evidence suggests that approximately every 33 million years a pattern of genetic timers cause some key species of insects, such as aphids and fungus gnats, to die off in mass extinctions.  What if this were to happen now? 

Within a span of a few months all the ants die off, which sets into motion an ecological collapse of insects and the plants and fauna dependent upon them, as scientists around the world work frantically to restore critical insect populations. 

Hope this helps,

- Martin

If you get the chance, read "Last of the Breed" by Louis L'Amour.  It's about a U.S. Air Force officer and test pilot who is half Lakota Sioux.  The Soviets manage to shoot him down and capture him in order to get information from him, but they didn't know that when he was growing up he learned all of the old ways.  He escapes and makes his way home--all the way across Siberia!  A great adventure and survival story.

If you get the chance, read "Last of the Breed" by Louis L'Amour.  It's about a U.S. Air Force officer and test pilot who is half Lakota Sioux.  The Soviets manage to shoot him down and capture him in order to get information from him, but they didn't know that when he was growing up he learned all of the old ways.  He escapes and makes his way home--all the way across Siberia!  A great adventure and survival story.

Joe Mack was the man!

Of Mice and Men. Steinbeck is a master.  A great read for anyone.

Steinbeck is amazing red sweet Thursday about 2 years ago also read cannery row but that was like 8 years agao I need to sit down and build a Louis lamore and Steinbeck two very talented authors

Well thanks for the advice I'm trying to go to the book store tomorrow well see what I bring home weshould keep this post going a book collection will be a big part of survival even if its just a few pages to help you relax befor going to sleep

james wesely rawles- Patriots, survivors and founders

the emberverse series....aka dies the fire

lights out, by david crawford

all these are prepper style books

also the 299 days series by glen tate s really good too

Thank you falco I went three my books yesterday and got them sorted out I have started reading cold mountain by Charles Frazier its about the civil war there was a movie made bassed off the book

I have a copy of Patriots: NOVEL OF SURVIVAL IN THE COMING COLLAPSE by James Wesley Rawles that I got from Watcher, if you would like that one.

I have a copy of Patriots: NOVEL OF SURVIVAL IN THE COMING COLLAPSE by James Wesley Rawles that I got from Watcher, if you would like that one.

Sounds pike a good read

Sounds pike a good read

It was ok, but I have read better. PM me your addy.