WildSurvive Forum
Tigerian

Enter the YoungSkinnyGuy

Hey all,

Finally got around to getting an account after knowing about this board for quite some time now. Starting to finally really get into learning more as far as survival stuff goes.

I grew up out in the country of Iowa and learned a love of the outdoors from my father, oldfatguy.  Figured if I really want to start learning more that looking around this site more would definitely help out.

Welcome to the forum. Your old man has mentioned you often I just hope some of its true.    :hugegrin:  I hope he brings you down sometime.  :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum. Your old man has mentioned you often I just hope some of its true.    :hugegrin:  I hope he brings you down sometime.  :thumbup:

Apparently he likes me more than he lets on if he talks about me that much. lol

welcome tigerian (cool name by the way) hope you enjoy the forum.  my boy asked me about his own account so he will be joining soon to.

Welcome Tigerian, Glad to meet you "in person"  :hugegrin:    Can't wait to get to know you.

welcome tigerian (cool name by the way) hope you enjoy the forum.  my boy asked me about his own account so he will be joining soon to.

Haha, thank you. It only took me 8 years to finally come up with a username that I liked.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's a cross between Tiger and James T. Kirk's middle name or a member of the catlike tigerian people from one of the fantasy realms?    It is a pretty wicked cool handle.   

Haha, it is actual more simple than that. A combination of tiger, an animal I have loved since I was little, and my name, Ryan. I instead of Y just because it looks and flows better that way.

Welcome Tigerian! Cool name, reminds me of the family in Game of Thrones.

Which family do you mean? The Targaryens?

Yep, haha, was the first thing that popped into my head!

Oddly enough, they are my favorite house of the series too.  :woot:

~ welcome to the forum YSG.  :P  Your dad and I have spent many a night here pondering the biggest survival questions of life... like Why can't people run from a Snakehead terror fish when they are on land. Stuff like that... and how did the fish get up a tree and fall on a person. These are questions you too can learn the answers to with time and patience, sci-fi channel and a beer.. :arigato:

~ welcome to the forum YSG.  :P  Your dad and I have spent many a night here pondering the biggest survival questions of life... like Why can't people run from a Snakehead terror fish when they are on land. Stuff like that... and how did the fish get up a tree and fall on a person. These are questions you too can learn the answers to with time and patience, sci-fi channel and a beer.. :arigato:

Pondering the answers to life over Syfy Channel weekend movies is one of the better things to do. I'll have to wait another 2 months on the beer part though.

Welcome Tigerian. Looking forward to have you come visit the farm.  Lots of fun. We may have to buy another ATV. lol

Welcome to the forum Tigerian.  What are you studying at ISU?

Management Information Systems. However, I'm moving back home and will be going to a community college next fall. Hopefully it will give me some time to be absolutely sure what I want to do. I've had the idea of working for a state park or something for a while now so this should give me some time to figure that out.

Ill be 69 in July and I still havent figured out what I WANT to do but I did what I had to do.