WildSurvive Forum
sheperd80

Hello from California!

Hi everyone, Im Sheperd from Fresno California. Discovered this forum on the Tapatalk Android App and was instantly hooked! So i only lurked for a day before registering. You seem to have a great community here. Lots of very informative threads and interesting adventures.

A little about myself. Im a casual hiker/camper. I usually hike 3-5 times and take the family car camping once or twice each year. Im hoping to squeeze in a few more solo or small group 1-2 nighters this year as ive greatly improved my gear recently.

Im 34 and work in construction so while my joints are all still working and im in decent shape, im not able to go for the huge treks id like to. Typically i'll hike 5-15 miles tops in a day and usually just stay one night because of work. I try to make each trip a survival excercise of some kind where i'll test new gear and techniques.

Im a construction superintendant and finish carpenter, i like playing guitar, competitive shooting, and you guessed it.. Hiking!

Thanks for accepting me to your community. I look forward to sharing my adventures and experience, and learning from yours.

welcome to the forum sheperd80. glad you enjoy it so far. I too shot competition for a few years, play guitar and do a little of most anything else outdoorsy. stop by the campfire sometime and sit for a spell.  Razor

Hello Shepard80 from Ontario, Canada.

Glad you found us.  Don't be shy, just dive, learn, and share.

Cheers,

- Martin

Im a retired Operating Eng Local 649  35 years. I know all about wearing your joints out mine have been replaced.  :P  Welcome aboard.  :arigato: