WildSurvive Forum
Tigerian

N82 Tactical Holster

As of this past weekend, I finally got my permit to carry weapons. (And a shiney new toy to go with it :hugegrin:)

The holster that I chose after looking over several options was the N82 Tactical Original Tuckable holster. A mouthful of a name, though the complete opposite in form. This is one of the smaller IWB holsters that I have seen and boasts of its single clip design. Some of you may be quick to judge it based on that, but hold off a minute. Before I get too far into it, here is the holster, and the Glock 26 Gen 4 I have been using with it.

wcTbqFXh.jpg

bXtXhSjh.jpg

97ZpXNOh.jpg

The holster was designed with comfort in mind. Each holster is handmade. The tan on the inside of the holster is suede leather. It is smooth to the touch, but also helps distribute some of the weight of the firearm off of your waistband. The rest of the holster is layered with neoprene and oil-tanned leather. The neoprene waterproofs it and adds some padding.

The most appealing part of this holster is the tail end of the name of it to me, "Tuckable." Simply meaning, you can tuck in your shirt and still easily conceal. This is done with herringbone elastic, leather, and a steel clip.

I wore this holster the majority of the weekend. It doesn't feel bulky and it definitely lives up to having been designed with comfort in mind. It is slightly annoying when first starting to wear the holster as the elastic has not quite formed to the gun, but after a while of use and getting used to, it becomes a lot better. By the end of the weekend the problems I had with the holster were gone. The great part about the single clip is that it makes it  simple to put on and pull off with minimal effort. This is nice for situations where you need to de-holster and lock up your gun if you are going somewhere you cannot carry or don't want to.

Probably the biggest thing in most people's mind when carrying is whether they are printing or not. The t-shirts that I wore this weekend aren't necessarily tight, but they aren't baggy either. Throughout the weekend I was checking to see how it was doing as far as printing in just a t-shirt and it was very minimal. With a little baggier clothing and more layers, it doesn't print at all. Here are some pictures with in my business dress for work. As you can see, there is very little evidence I am carrying anything unless you are really looking for it.Sadly I don't carry on the front side of my body, so I can't show you the patented razor-fly-down carry method. taunt12.gif

NWyhAC8h.jpg

Aubo9plh.jpg

JHQ0QFdh.jpg

N82 Tactical offers two other styles of holsters, the Original and the Professional. More information can be found at their website:

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=1792.

And I just looked, my fly wasn't down. if it was id get arrested for carrying a dangerous weapon.  :P    and I always carry behind the point of my hip unless I'm using that pocket holster.  Ive found that driving or sitting in a movie theater in those little uncomfortable seats is the true test of concealed comfort. 

Ive found that driving or sitting in a movie theater in those little uncomfortable seats is the true test of concealed comfort.

Bingo!,  I love my Mtac because it holds tight to the body and is comfortable at the movies.