WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

WHOOSH! UP OVER AND BANFF!!

In September, I'm going on vacation in Banff Alberta Canada.

Banff is awesome, Muddy.  I've been there a couple of times and would love to go back.

In September, I'm going on vacation in Banff Alberta Canada.

I spend a lot of time in Alberta with my job. I visit Banff whenever possible. It is an awesome place. I highly recommend  hitting the  Athabasca Glacier and try your best to see Lake Louise while you are there if time allows. It will be starting to cool down up there about that time so be sure to pack accordingly. Most of all have fun and don't miss Farmagedon!

I spend a lot of time in Alberta with my job. I visit Banff whenever possible. It is an awesome place. I highly recommend  hitting the  Athabasca Glacier and try your best to see Lake Louise while you are there if time allows. It will be starting to cool down up there about that time so be sure to pack accordingly. Most of all have fun and don't miss Farmagedon!

Awesome! Lake Louise looked pretty neat in the pictures. I won't miss Farmageddon!

You picked an absolutely gorgeous place to go. Banff is amazing and I would love to go back some day. I got to sit in some guys Lamborghini when I was there. :hugegrin:

You picked an absolutely gorgeous place to go. Banff is amazing and I would love to go back some day. I got to sit in some guys Lamborghini when I was there. :hugegrin:

I don't want to sit in some guys Lamborghini. It's bad enough that the ice cream man drives around my neighbor after dark.

Bummer. The TSA hasn't lifted the restrictions on non locking SAKs in carry on luggage.

Checked luggage, Muddy. Also, check the length that is allowable in Canada for fixed blades.  Otherwise, buy a new one when you get there.

Checked luggage, Muddy. Also, check the length that is allowable in Canada for fixed blades.  Otherwise, buy a new one when you get there.

All I'm taking is a carry on. No fixed blades in the plan. There's bound to be a sporting goods store between Calgary and Vancouver.

All I'm taking is a carry on. No fixed blades in the plan. There's bound to be a sporting goods store between Calgary and Vancouver.

There is a a Bass Pro Shops outlet right next to the Calgary Airport Muddy. You should be able to pick up something there.

I went through the same thing when we flew to Florida with just carry-on luggage.  No Leatherman, no Swiss Army Knife.  Talk about withdrawal!!

I went through the same thing when we flew to Florida with just carry-on luggage.  No Leatherman, no Swiss Army Knife.  Talk about withdrawal!!

I'll chisel one like in The Hunted.

Does anyone have experience with the TSA and fishing tackle? I have a small tin with several little hooks. The TSA website is vague on the answer.

Minor disaster averted. I went to charge the camera and the charger is missing. I haven't used it since July. I found it in my desk at work. gen165.gif

That's a relief!!  Must have pictures from Banff.

va76.jpg

(Any guesses who that is in the picture with me?)

My. camcorder has a setting for still photo's. HEY!! Is that Justin Beiber?

That's a relief!!  Must have pictures from Banff.

va76.jpg

(Any guesses who that is in the picture with me?)

damn, hes almost the spitting image of my boy at 12. that's some gorgeous country ill probably never get to see. great pic!

Philadelphia Saturday AM, first time ever I was called Sweetie by the TSA. No pointy objects in the luggage as I thought I was carrying on. I did carry on just not with luggage.

Saturday on Highway 1 west of Calgary

aakj.jpg

Sunday

fn35.jpg

I took a wrong turn and ended up at the Windermere fair

lauk.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

mt1q.jpg

Rolf the Radium Hot Springs Wood Craver.

http://www.radiumwoodcarver.com/about.php

qa9i.jpg

xzn3.jpg