WildSurvive Forum
hillbillytowing

Have u considered home made alcohol

I have Ben looking making own wine brandy beer etc. Due to my limits on funds ill be embarking on this adventure as cheaply as possible so in plan to use this post to provide a operating for every one to learn as i go along. I will also post links for recipes and supplies. Please feel free to add in any advice or your advice

Sell it has to be 100% juice non pasturized and you wi also need a airlock for the fermentation process allows gasses to escape

Put a balloon over the end of the bottle you are using to ferment. This will keep outside bacteria from getting in but allow room for the carbon dioxide to expand as the balloon inflates.

My uncle used unlubricated condoms.  Dont know if any real difference.

Ok...is this in any way related to the topic at hand???  lol

Put a balloon over the end of the bottle you are using to ferment. This will keep outside bacteria from getting in but allow room for the carbon dioxide to expand as the balloon inflates.

off i have heard a balloon works well

I've made beer, but want to make some wine (More bang for the buck per volume  :hugegrin: ).  I just don't have enough room to store anything.  I have a storage shed though, and might have to clean it out and put a rack in it to do wine on.  Out of sight, out of mind you know. LOL

If your going to do it in the shed wouldn't it be best to make wine in fall or spring so while fermentating so it didn't get to hot

Herbs a link for a few different kits many hobbyists have done awards from the kits found here. Also they have a 800 support line if you run in trouble all staff members are experinced with brewing. 

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/winemaking-equipment/equipment-kits.html

If your going to do it in the shed wouldn't it be best to make wine in fall or spring so while fermentating so it didn't get to hot

Herbs a link for a few different kits many hobbyists have done awards from the kits found here. Also they have a 800 support line if you run in trouble all staff members are experinced with brewing. 

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/winemaking-equipment/equipment-kits.html

cool site.  Thanks HBT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Guest smallgamehunter

My uncles always made grape wine or I should say grape flavored stump juice

My wife and I have brewed beer and mead since we were in college.  The best source of information and recipes I've yet found on beer brewing is a book called The Complete Joy of Home Brewing by Charlie Papazian.  It's considered the bible of beer brewing.  It explains exactly how fermentation of beer works, describes various procedures (from simple to advanced, and from minimal equipment to elaborate), is nicely illustrated, and includes scores of recipes.  It's also well written and easy reading.  The upshot is that brewing beer is just cooking, not like laboratory work.  Read the book, then pour yourself a beer and relax and brew some beer.

Happy brewing,

- Martin

I've seen that book before (I believe my father had that book in his library, I remember seeing a similar cover), but I don't know whatever happened to it.