WildSurvive Forum

I am looking for someplace to hike next summer on vacation.  I have been to the Grand Canyon a couple of times and there are a number of other trails there that look challenging.

I am also considering a Volunteer Vacation through the American Hiking Society at Mt. St. Helens.

I hear Yellowstone and Glacier are also great places.

I am looking to spend a week or so, would like at least one long challenging hike.

Any suggestions or comments?

I am looking for someplace to hike next summer on vacation.  I have been to the Grand Canyon a couple of times and there are a number of other trails there that look challenging.

I am also considering a Volunteer Vacation through the American Hiking Society at Mt. St. Helens.

I hear Yellowstone and Glacier are also great places.

I am looking to spend a week or so, would like at least one long challenging hike.

Any suggestions or comments?

Appalachian trail or the Pacific Crest trail

Any place in the Pacific Northwest is worth the trip, I know you've been to St Helens, what about Rainier?  The snowline on Rainier is a one day trip, but you could jump over to the Olympias and do all kinds of hiking.  I have a friend who is a guide over that way, I can hit him up and get some advice on what places to go.

Any place in the Pacific Northwest is worth the trip, I know you've been to St Helens, what about Rainier?  The snowline on Rainier is a one day trip, but you could jump over to the Olympias and do all kinds of hiking.  I have a friend who is a guide over that way, I can hit him up and get some advice on what places to go.

Thanks.  I would appreciate any ideas.

ive never been there but I have friends that go to Estes Park Colorado every year for a week long backpacking trip.  they really like it. me, id rather hit the mountains.  what you should do if you want a little adventure is just parachute into Alaska somewhere and hike out.  :hugegrin:

ive never been there but I have friends that go to Estes Park Colorado every year for a week long backpacking trip.  they really like it. me, id rather hit the mountains.  what you should do if you want a little adventure is just parachute into Alaska somewhere and hike out.  :hugegrin:

I was in Estes Park last year. It got flooded pretty heavily this year. And it is WAY the hell up in the mountains. Lol

Thanks, Watcher. I am leaning toward Glacier at this point. I pulled it up on Pinterest last night and some of the pictures there are amazing.  Now need to see when to go and round up a group to hike with.

Where ever you go I would suggest you stick to the trail.  :scared:

But that is where the bears will be expecting you. lol

Great Smoky Mountains has miles and miles of trails. The Appalachian Trail passes through there also.

Any place in particular?

Any place in particular?

I have hiked a lot of the trails there and I have not found a bad one yet. You can find about anything you could possibly want there from waterfalls to balds to spectacular views. One that I have never hiked, but I have heard a lot of  good comments about is the trail to Mt LeConte.  http://www.hikinginthesmokys.com/lecontealum.htm

The one that I would really like to hike is the Appalachian trail. There is no way I could ever hike it straight through at this point in my life, but a lot of people hike it in small chunks which would be a little more workable. I graduated with a lady who hike it straight through from Georgia to Maine about 4 years ago. Took her all summer, but she did it.