WildSurvive Forum

Great job, Kim.  Looks like you caught a spark on the 2nd or 3rd strike.  Next, drop your sparked char cloth in your bird's nest, wrap it kind of tight and keep blowing until you have a fire!!

yea next time at the park I didn't want to burn down my aptment

Oh, c'mon Kim, what's a little fire in your apartment?  Muddy does it all the time. And at work too.  LOL

Oh, c'mon Kim, what's a little fire in your apartment?  Muddy does it all the time. And at work too.  LOL

The trick, just like my indoor archery range, is to do it late at night when everyone is asleep.

Keep your eyes peeled for old Bic lighters. Most people just drop them on the ground when they run out of fuel but the lighter will still produce sparks which will work great with char cloth. 

Back in 90 or 91, I had the striker rod and wheel from an old trench lighter.  Never knew until long after I lost it what it was.  Would love to get my hands on a full trench lighter some time.  Just love the design.

What I mean is that on a windy day trying to light a match or a lighter is difficult. Charcloth doesn't snuff out in a breeze. You can also adjust the "glow" by controlling how hard you blow on it. 

Survivor girl, I'm so proud of you getting some sparks going. I'm jealous, although I haven't really tried it. :)  I'll live through your accomplishments. Okay?  :yes: