WildSurvive Forum
greene

Trapping

Guest smallgamehunter

They will all hopefully be in school tomorrow

Guest smallgamehunter

Gonna be a lot of pissed parents if they ain't

Looks like trapping will have to wait till Sunday cause I got called in to work a midnight so I won't get much done tomorrow before I go to work

Heres my record beaver I trapped ahhh a few years ago. 80 pound female. Victor No. 4 long spring.

bh94.jpg

Man- boy you got a big beaver boy you got a big beaver!

Lady-well you didnt have to say it twice!

Man- I didnt.

BAAAARRRRRUMMMMPUMP  CHING

Had to pull the fox set cause I noticed the neighbors dog was hanging around by it. When I went over to the set I noticed there was a set of tracks. whatever it was didn't step on the pan.

I read on trapperman that when the snow got deep the fox would run on the same trail every time. Do you think this is true?

Guest smallgamehunter

Could be some animals habitually follow the same trails

Well maybe I might try putting a foothold just under one of the tracks. I'll just have to figure out how to anchor off to ice.

Guest smallgamehunter

Wire it to a drag just make sure drag is heavy enough to get tangled and leave a good trail to follow

Thought of a good idea. IM going to chip a hole in the Ice put the end of the trap chain and fill it with water so it freezes down.

Going to set traps tomorrow. Mostly fox but maybe a beaver set to. any ideas on find the runs they are using.?

Guest smallgamehunter

U be able to tell look for large air pockets under the ice

Going to set traps tomorrow. Mostly fox but maybe a beaver set to. any ideas on find the runs they are using.?

Try setting the traps on the workbench, along the back wall.  I like to put them two deep, so when they try to go around one, they run into the other.

~ I'm baiting a Sasquatch trap tonight. I heard a weird Hollerin' in the nearby woods last night, and everybody knows when you hear a weird hollerin' in the night, it's a sasquatch. I'm using M&M's. Not plain, but peanut.

~ I'm baiting a Sasquatch trap tonight. I heard a weird Hollerin' in the nearby woods last night, and everybody knows when you hear a weird hollerin' in the night, it's a sasquatch. I'm using M&M's. Not plain, but peanut.

happy097.gif

I trapped this beauty yesterday in my lint trap.  I know its small but it has a lot of character. I hated having to club it to death with a stick but eh...what can ya do.  :hugegrin:

1jol.jpg

What kind of trap do you use to catch a 'squatch?