WildSurvive Forum
greene

Trapping

What kind of trap do you use to catch a 'squatch?

~ I set out an old battery powered DVD player with a few Bruce Willis movies on an old table, and put an old recliner in front of it. I put the M&M's in a dish on a crate next to the recliner along with a bottle of Jack Daniels. I figure I'll have a squatch by morning. he'll trap himself  :smoke:

~ I set out an old battery powered DVD player with a few Bruce Willis movies on an old table, and put an old recliner in front of it. I put the M&M's in a dish on a crate next to the recliner along with a bottle of Jack Daniels. I figure I'll have a squatch by morning. he'll trap himself  :smoke:

I like that set.  Maybe I will give it a try!!!

I trapped this beauty yesterday in my lint trap.  I know its small but it has a lot of character. I hated having to club it to death with a stick but eh...what can ya do.  :hugegrin:

1jol.jpg

~ you really can't do anything else. if the lint comes out of the trap still fighting, you have no choice.

Well I was able to find my weasel boxes and I caught a mouse that got eaten by a weasel and a squirrel toe.

I double set a well used rabbit trail. Should be a easy catch. Also I saw several raccoon in a large dead tree. They should also be an easy catch when the weather warms up.

Well I was taking a walk on the edge of the lake and I noticed some weasel tracks so I set 2 boxes in the area.

Yesterday I noticed that the neighbor kids found one of my traps. Luckily they didn't catch themselves in it.

Three on the workbench (The two "JawZ" traps and one old school trap) and one on the floor.

None of the bait I put out has been taken recently either.

I think I under estimated the intelligence of rabbits. They seem to be avoiding the areas I have the traps set in. As for the weasels they are also avoiding my boxes.

Success!!!!!!!!!! I finally got a rabbit

aqy2ydu6.jpg

Woo hoo. Finally!!!  ::pbjt:: :party: ::pbjt:: :party: ::pbjt:: :party: ::pbjt::