WildSurvive Forum
greene

Trapping

Guest smallgamehunter

I gave it a native American blessing before I sent it to u

Nice catch  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest smallgamehunter

It's possible if there's been a lot of colder temps

A bit of a quandary..."Shall I go find date....but there is a butt load of snow out there....maybe I will just hibernate for another week.  Note to self: Go find that damn groundhog and kick his ass." 

Guest smallgamehunter

Year round groundhog hunting anyone??

Trapping is basically the same for any animal. Small adjustments on trap placement improves your chances. Here I place the trap perpendicular to the wall so the mouse can come at it from either direction. Mice love to travel along the wall. There is a picture leaning against the wall so I figure the mouse will go behind it to keep out of sight so I place the trap at the end of the picture.These new traps made by the Miller Mfg. Co. called the better mouse trap "little giant" work great.

2dm0.jpg

b5gj.jpg

Your right Swede. It's all about trap placement. No matter how good your set is you won't catch anything if there aren't any animals around.

Your right Swede. It's all about trap placement. No matter how good your set is you won't catch anything if there aren't any animals around.

Seems to me I already told you that....lol

I have made squirrel snares in a bushcraft course I took. Pretty simple.

what will I need?

Squirrels.

I see they trap in deep snow in Alaska but in the lower states winter is NOT trapping season. I made some good money years back when I found  small stream fed by a big spring that didnt freeze over in winter. I caught at least one coon a night in that water every night. The coons walked up and down it all winter looking for food.

Yeah i dont understand that. I love trapping in snow. it's so much easier to find animal sign. Snow is only a problem when it gets really deep.

Guest smallgamehunter

U may be far enough north that the animals are still active enough to be  trapped

How much land have you got Greene?

about 600 acres. I have a huge field with a low thick spot that the coyotes and deer love.