WildSurvive Forum
greene

Some flies I've tied

Guest smallgamehunter

Its like mink oil is for boots it makes them waterproof

Its basically wax Razor. Dont put any on your mono filament line just the floating line. You dont want the fly line floating up to your fly it will spook the fish. Works best for poppers and floaters.

Its basically wax Razor. Dont put any on your mono filament line just the floating line. You dont want the fly line floating up to your fly it will spook the fish. Works best for poppers and floaters.

my favorite is the small wooden poppers with non floating leader lines about 8 foot. ive caught northern, catfish and bass with that rig. (yeah, fighting a 4-5 pound northern on a fly pole is fun) im surprised its teeth didn't cut the monofilament leader I was using. I think I was just lucky.

Never use a steel leader on a fly rod it will just mess up the action of the fly. On my Pike rod I use a 12# leader that is about 7 feet long. Ive never had the line cut by a fish. You would be surprised by how big a fish you can catch on 8# line.

Never use a steel leader on a fly rod it will just mess up the action of the fly. On my Pike rod I use a 12# leader that is about 7 feet long. Ive never had the line cut by a fish. You would be surprised by how big a fish you can catch on 8# line.

ive never uses a steel leader on a fly line either. just monofilament leaders about 8 foot long (homade from regular fishline)

Nice Greene! Love the googly eyes.  :grin:  I haven't tied one in so long.  Someday, I'll have to break the vice out and give it a go again.