WildSurvive Forum

What gear is on your wish lists?  We have a guns thread and a knives thread, but what about general gear?

Some items on my list just to start.

1.  4 piece USGI Sleep system

2.  Big agnes or therm-a-rest mondoking sleeping pad (I like the square, not the mummy shaped).

3.  GSI Bugaboo Cookset (For the Car) for family camping.

4.  Goal Zero 13 watt solar charger and battery pack

1.  Highend gopro digital camera.

2. Esee 6 with custom scales.

3. High end 4 season backpacking tent.

4. Touring kayak.

5. A new road racing/timetrial bicycle.

Im pretty sure I allready have all the other gear ill ever need  :P

Alrighty, so I drooled over sleeping bags all night... I think I want the Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35.  Only 2.5 lbs, packs down to a little bit larger than a nalgene bottle, and looks like a kick ass bag for 100 bucks.

I want something that does my job while I go camping.  :ack:

Let me know when you find this, Muddy.  I need one of those in my size.

KW, that's a sweet solar kit, nice and compact for a 45 Watt!  I'd like something like that to mount on my van.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alrighty, I absolutely love Maxpedition, how well their gear is built, and the fact that it will last a lifetime, but the Falcon 2 just doesn't carry like a daypack/overnight pack should... 

I'm really eyeing an Osprey Kestrel 32 for a new dayhike/overnight bag.

Guest smallgamehunter

Only gear I have my eye on is a new electric meat grinder to replace my hand cranked one

LEM has a new big bite series I been looking at quite a bit

Only gear I have my eye on is a new electric meat grinder to replace my hand cranked one

LEM has a new big bite series I been looking at quite a bit

Amish dent and bent store had a Gander Mountian 1/4hp grinder for $50 yesterday.

Guest smallgamehunter

That's a good price I have also found a sportsmans series by buffalo tool 1/3 HP grinder at farm&home supply for $60

Where is that store OFG?

Carter's just outside of Fairbank.  Don't bother looking for a website.  LOL  They are closed on Sunday, but if you want to head up there, let me know some Friday or Saturday.  There are 3-4 other discount grocery stores as well as furniture shops, leather shops and a couple places to get your horses shod.

Carter's just outside of Fairbank.  Don't bother looking for a website.  LOL  They are closed on Sunday, but if you want to head up there, let me know some Friday or Saturday.  There are 3-4 other discount grocery stores as well as furniture shops, leather shops and a couple places to get your horses shod.

That's right up by Sumner where my grandparents live.

That's right up by Sumner where my grandparents live.

There is another in the area called "Long Lane Bargains and Collectibles" which is a machine shed full of old stuff (cast iron skillets hanging from the rafters) and then a full loft as well.  A place you can spent a couple hours easy.

It would be ice to get a new ice shack. I have been looking at the clam single person thermal ones. They are really nice.

What are you wanting to run off it?

I want to run my amateur radio gear off of it while camping or under emergency power. I am the Emergency Coordinator for our counties ARES (Amateur Radio Emergency Services). So it would be a nice piece of gear to have for that too.