WildSurvive Forum
gr8outdrsmn

My life in the outdoors!

My wife & I took off yesterday morning to the Blue Wall Preserve, part of the Palmetto trail in upstate SC. We didn't have a ton of time, so we just did 7 miles. There were some really nice sections, beautiful calm ponds (one of which had an old rickety dock), a deer skull someone had propped up for all to see, and evidence of some very active beavers!

Looking forward to going back (with my good camera...not the iPhone i used  oops.gif, lol) Had forgotten my good one since it was a last minute trip. Next time we are going to hike 14 miles to the campground, camp, and hike back the next day. Should be a lot of fun.

BWP-1_zps035684f0.jpg

BWP-2_zps3bd63387.jpg

BWP-3_zps8b793899.jpg

BWP-4_zps4aadccd7.jpg

BWP-5_zps3edb08c8.jpg

BWP-6_zpsf9ea0ca7.jpg

BWP-7_zps34650954.jpg

BWP-8_zps7abd5f52.jpg

BWP-9_zps428966d5.jpg

BWP-11_zpscc4a0640.jpg

BWP-12_zpsbde87261.jpg

BWP-13_zps879c0e6f.jpg

BWP-14_zpsa16f2a41.jpg

BWP-15_zps2073d706.jpg

BWP-16_zps97e026df.jpg

BWP-17_zps457f363b.jpg

BWP-18_zpsde36317b.jpg

Thanks you guys! I am still kicking myself for not taking my good camera & macro lens, haha. Glad you are all enjoying my travels! We've got some good trips planned in the near future. Next weekend we are planning (weather permitting) to hike Table Rock. It's a stead ascent, but well worth it at the top! Beautiful views all around. Last time I was there I had a 30 yard encounter with a black bear. Nothing bad, but the hair on my neck sure stood up. I have to be honest, I haven't felt that alive in a long time. It was amazing, scary, and almost a dream all wrapped up in one emotion.

Razor, black and white are some of my favorites as well. There is so much feeling/depth/emotion that can be had. It seems like every time I do a shoot for someone, I end up processing everything they asked for in color in black and white as well LOL. I want them to have to option, just in case!

Great pictures! I also see you have an osprey backpack. How do you like? Are they worth the money?

Thanks! Well worth what I paid for it! (I was a gear tester for Moosejaw so it was free  :hugegrin:) But seriously, it's a GREAT pack! It's been through mud, rain, snow, heat, freezing temps, etc. and come out great. Hiked the Haleakala crater in Maui with it, wore it all day fully loaded, and it was very comfortable. It's my go-to day-pack, as well as my EDC pack. Be it a change of clothes, climbing gear, mountain-biking all day, day-hike, discrete pack for camera gear, or out wandering/shopping with the wife (and needing storage for things she wants), it's always with me. I've been carrying it nearly every single day for the past 1.5-2 years (whenever it came out) and it's held up great.

Thank you! And you're quite welcome! I would have taken more, but we were outside cell service and my phone was dying quickly. Next time I will take my camera along and have many more and better.

4u9a5agy.jpg

Out doing some scouting this morning. Got a gobbler to call 3 times, but he never came all the way in. Found a trail of scattered deer bones and my dad found an old Orange Crush bottle that has a patent date of June 2 1920. We don't ever hunt very long (couple hours at most) before the explorers in is take over! Haha

All in all it was a great morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u4yjevy7.jpg

Out scouting around a potential property purchase for our homestead and found this. The lower jaw may have made it's way to my truck haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haa,  Mine is the only house in the area with animal skulls on the picnic table and on the retaining wall of the drive way.  Most of my neighbors are pretty cool, but I bet we get some weird looks by some who drive by. LOL