WildSurvive Forum
gr8outdrsmn

Starting a new video series, would like your input

Hey everyone! I've been wanting to re-shoot the bamboo firesaw video and make it more professional. I do professional photo & video now and I would like it to reflect that. Well, I was talking with my dad about doing it right and how I would like to do some more on other methods, plus some other aspects of wilderness survival. He said we should do a good variety of things and make it into a series if possible.

Within reason, lol, what skills/ideas/topics would you guys like to see covered?

My goal is to get some episodes planned out in the coming month and start shooting this Spring, as long as things go like they are currently. I hope to keep the videos around 10 minutes in length. Just short and to the point.

Looking at not only covering skills, but also gear that I have and use on a regular basis.

Videos will be a variety of:

Skill based segments

Gear reviews

and other ideas we are toying around with, but haven't hashed out yet.

Each episode will cover one skill (for instance the bamboo firesaw), or a review of an item.

I would love to get your input for this and make this something to be proud of. I plan to host it on YouTube and Vimeo

Any and all comments/ideas/criticisms are welcome!

Thanks for your time!

That's where I plan to start. Are there any specifics you'd like to see though?

Or should I just run through the list?

I want to do some things to make myself stand apart and make the videos interesting.

I guess the intro could be the naked female frolicking that OFG wants LOL

Guest smallgamehunter

Some how I think Mrs outdoorsman would not approve the topic

Guest smallgamehunter

Some primitive skills would be nice

Fire saw fire bow fire plough hand drill

Some how I think Mrs outdoorsman would not approve the topic

I can pretty much guarantee that...although, she did laugh when I told her what he said...LOL

Some primitive skills would be nice

Fire saw fire bow fire plough hand drill

Sounds good. I have yet to master a couple of them, so I have to get cracking before I can shoot those hahaha.

Skills are a good start,  just remember people of all skill level's will be viewing them, so don't be afraid to do some of the simplest most basic skills to. ive done a few videos (trust me I aint no professional videographer) but im getting better. 

Skills are a good start,  just remember people of all skill level's will be viewing them, so don't be afraid to do some of the simplest most basic skills to. ive done a few videos (trust me I aint no professional videographer) but im getting better. 

Maybe he could show the proper way to set a "boobie" trap...

Fireworks, explosions, and stuff always sells too.  (Boobs, Booze and Bombs, the 3 B's of video marketing).  happy097.gif

Just be yourself, be comfortable and do what you do best, that's always a winning combination in video.