WildSurvive Forum
Muddy Pete

Muddy Pete's day off (2000 miles and one left turn)

Yep. I'd go again. The adults bug me. The kids were cool.

Muddy it looks like they are cub scouts getting ready to bridge over to a Boy Scout Troop. They need to visit with the differant Troops in his area and pick the one that does what he likes to do. The Boy Scout Troops are more boy lead this is where the leadership skills come from. The adults are just there for guidance

Yep, the main goal of scouting is to keep the kids in scouting so they can benefit from the program all the way through.  If they visit troops and find a troop that is the best match for them (Meeting days, activities, people etc) they are far more likely to stay in scouting.  Our district recommends that scouts visit as many other troops as they can to find the best fit.  Is that a whole pack you were with or just a den?  I saw one tiger cub (orange hat) they have 5 years before they bridge to boy scouts.    First year is Tiger, then next year is wolf, then next year is bear, then the next two years are Webelos where they start training for the transition to boy scouts.

Butters is a tiger. There were two boy scouts, a Weebelo a mix of a few others. I believe it was a den. The rain fouled up some of the activities.