WildSurvive Forum

I'm hoping to get there. Planning to get there. I've just been preoccupied.

YIPEEEE

Ive managed to catch two snapping turtles and Im working on a third in our pond. Two are dressed and frozen and probably enough for turtle soup for famageddon provided by my buddy who makes it often. If I catch the brute in the pond there should be enough for fried turtle also.

Im drooling over the tought of trying turtle

We just came by the pond back from Peoria and I saw that massive snapping turtle again. Easily the biggest turtle Ive ever seen. My buddy Adrian is bringing out some line and were going to try to catch him.

We just came by the pond back from Peoria and I saw that massive snapping turtle again. Easily the biggest turtle Ive ever seen. My buddy Adrian is bringing out some line and were going to try to catch him.

Spear that sucker! Or, not. I just got a Cold Steal Samburu spear and I need a place to throw it safely. NOT down my hallway. 

Snapping turtles stink bad very bad.  :puke:  So you have to catch them alive then put them in a tank of fresh water for two or three weeks to clean them out. Im hoping we catch a smaller one along with the big one because I may let him carry on. He has to be at least 50 years old by the size of him. We already have two dressed in the freezer we cleaned out that should be plenty for soup if not. We may try to fry up some if we get another one.

I caught another snapping turtle  ::pbjt:: ::pbjt:: Not the dinosaur one but big enough.  :thumbup:

Ive had fried snapping turtle and it was very good. Tastes like chicken.  :)  Ive never had turtle soup. My buddy Adrian catches a lot of turtles over the years and he is going to make the soup.  :unsure:

The turtle soup guy is coming with the soup. Hes entertainment right there. Ive got one challenge in mind some where on the trails. We got Sweet Corn again. Even though Ive had some requests I might play my man cave lullaby on the flute any way. What about music like a CD or two? All four wheelers are in the game. Samurai. Canoe in the pond for Kim. Pancakes and bacon for one breakfast. Sharen makes some mean kettle chips. The cabin and camper in case we rain out for some. I got a metal detector. My friends the animals get REALLY upset with firearms. I live in their yard. Theres no roof on the shelter yet.

Ill bet the coyotes get really upset with firearms on your property swede.  :P. I dont think anyones plannimg on doing any shooting.  :thumbup:

I dont see any coyotes around here lately. They just have to learn to leave my pets alone around here.

The crick crossing is open finally. My son in law Kevin and I went down to the north bottom and macheted our way through the weeds and had to shovel some sand off a high spot but its passable now. Ive got maybe one or two places on my body that dont hurt at this point. Three aspirins are trying to help even though Im not supposed to take them with all the blood thinners Im taking.  :unsure: