WildSurvive Forum

Why does ebola appear to not be spreading exponentially? I would of thought by the time 3000 people have been affected that number would have doubled (or more) in 2-21 days? Am I missing something or are they actually slowing the spread?

We (Australia) have had a couple of suspected cases so far but none have tested positive.

~ they have been out of Hospital Beds in Liberia, and other places for weeks! in many places, the people refuse to go to hospitals, and healthcare workers refuse to go to work. The busiest ones working are the decon burial teams. WHO and the CDC have both said that the numbers are greatly conservative. NOBODY knows, nobody can walk around counting all the victims, they can't even find beds for them. The numbers counted are "Official WHO numbers that have been confirmed."  With no beds, there is NO testing, no confirmed numbers, and nothing to report. So the world thinks there is no problem. The numbers are inaccurate and the CDC says that likely the numbers are four times what's being reported or more. Seriously, nobody can accurately count, they can only speculate. The healthcare infrastructure has collapsed.

watch videos like this and you will begin to get a handle on the situation. There are NO BEDS. These people laying in the streets with bloody diarrhea,and vomiting blood are NOT being counted in the W.H.O. numbers. And there are many, MANY just as sick, at home, who are suffering, or who have already died. HIS parents did what they were TOLD to do.... to take him to a hospital. And they were told there were NO beds left. So they couldn't take him home, as it was dangerous, they can't touch him, (too dangerous) so these victims are left dying in the streets, their parents angry and disgusted with the system, and with their government, while ass holes on Network News.... our beloved  "commentators" accuse them of being superstitious and ignorant...

What comes around goes around.

Each new infection represents Trillions of throws of the genetic dice. Ebola has the potential to alter our History as much or more than any other plague we've ever seen. If we ignore the situation and let it burn, the sparks could be taken by the wind, and scattered far and wide.

http://www.torchonline.com/news/2014/09/17/ebola-spreads-several-new-patients-brought-to-us/

There is virtually NO Information on the fourth Ebola patient in the U.S. (An "unknown" Doctor who was flown here from Africa) Emory refused to announce his name to the public, and they are refusing to update us on his condition.

There was widespread attention towards the first two victims, Dr. Kent Brantley and Nancy Writebol, and even the third, Dr. Rick Sacra who was admitted to the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Number four is a mystery. One thing is for certain, these four individuals have received state of the art Medical Care. Something that can't be said for many other victims. Emory's reluctance to report on the condition of the fourth "nameless" American Doctor who arrived at the Emory University Bio Containment unit on September 9th, is cause for concern. If the doctor was improving, wouldn't they be reassuring us? They were all behind the success stories of the first two victims, but this guy NOBODY wants to talk about. Because he had no name....nobody will miss it in the news.  HIPPA kicks in,  and patient number four is setting a precedence of how information and outcomes will be kept from public view. It's none of our business.

do you know the potental of anyone getting it

Well, a LOT of people have gotten it. If by anyone, you mean any of us, then right now the chances are slim, because it hasn't been imported to the U.S. as far as we know. The chances of it making its way to the U.S. are growing because they are predicting 20,000 infections in West Africa with Ebola by November.

http://time.com/3420281/who-ebola-west-africa-epidemic/

The CDC estimates that as many as 1.4 million could be infected within four months.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/24/health/ebola-cases-could-reach-14-million-in-4-months-cdc-estimates.html?_r=0

Basically, the more people who catch the virus in West Africa... the greater the chance of it spreading to other countries.

The index patient in Dallas was Thomas Eric Duncan, from Liberia. He arrived in Dallas on Sept. 20th with a suitcase as well as an internal deadly hitchhiker that went right through the Liberian airport security with no problem, because he didn't have a fever...yet.

If our airports had screened him upon arrival (which they did not) He also would've sailed right through with no problem.

He exhibited symptoms on Sept. 24, sought medical help, told them he was from Liberia, was sent home with antibiotics in spite of a 103 fever, a Positive travel History from an Ebola active country, and classic symptoms. A few days later, when symptoms worsened (Projectile vomiting and Explosive diarrhea) he was picked up by ambulance on Sept. 28th, taken to the hospital and put into isolation and tested for Ebola. On Sept. 30th the CDC confirmed the first case of Ebola to sneak it's way into our country.

According to his chart (which was released to the media) even before his diagnosis, by September 29th, he is too weak to make his way to the bathroom any longer, and asks to be put into a diaper. 

Oct. 1st: a secondary bacterial infection sets in (Very common since Ebola attacks the cells in your blood that fight infection.)

Oct. 4th: Duncan begins to exhibit multiple organ failure (This is due to the virus causing clots to form in the blood, and cutting off blood flow to the major organs including the brain.)

Oct. 6th: Duncan's family, including his mother, visit him, his face is described as "Like a mask" some say he looks dead already. (Very common in Ebola infections, what is happening is that the muscles of the face droop because the virus violently attacks connective tissue, and the connective tissue of his face was literally dissolving. The face of an Ebola victim often appears to hang from the underlying bone as if it's detaching itself from the skull). What's happening to the connective tissue is happening to organs as well. By the time the victim dies, often their internal organs look like those of a four-day-old corpse. Decomposition is RAPID, and a dead victim is at the height of being infectious. The people who care for these patients NEED to know this stuff!

Oct. 8th: Duncan is pronounced dead. 

Oct. 11th: Nina  Pham, an Intensive Care nurse who took care of Thomas Duncan during his intensive care stay, is isolated for Ebola-like symptoms. She tests positive, and now a deadly virus from the African rain forest has successfully jumped from Africa to the United States, and just like I thought, has taken a healthcare worker as a host... even though she wore the CDC recommended protective equipment. The CDC initially placed immediate blame on the nurse and said she didn't follow their protocol, but soon apologized for that statement, and decided that maybe Ebola ISN'T that easy to contain in a modern hospital setting. Am I surprised ? Hell no.

I'm pretty sure these sparks in Dallas will eventually be stamped out, but what if the embers keep arriving Via jet from West Africa? Why have we NOT temporarily banned travel from there.... to here? We can STILL deliver supplies to them, why is our nation SO INSISTENT  upon allowing West Africans to pour into our country as a refuge? 

There are NO beds in West African countries afflicted with Ebola, so where are they going to go? I think they're going to come to the U.S. where the experimental drugs are and where three other doctors were healed. I think it's a plan. Somebody wants them here.

~ They're calling it an "Act of Terror" to announce jokingly in a public place that you have Ebola!

WHY is it NOT an "Act of Terror" to Allow West Africans free access to fly into our country without having to be quarantined for at least 21 days?  :glare:

The Powers that control all of this KNOW that scanning for symptoms does NO good if the patient isn't symptomatic yet. (Thomas Eric Duncan is proof of that)

the Powers that control all of this KNOW and anticipate more cases coming to America, and infecting innocent Americans who have NO way of protecting themselves.

Why is THIS in itself NOT an act of terror?  :dontgetit:

Would it NOT be an act of terror to allow a known Terrorist access into our country? Or to Pave the way.... so that the terrorist could enter undetected?  :reallymad:

I'm tired of the "excuse" that banning flights to and from these countries would inhibit aid getting to the people. NO IT WOULD NOT! Send AID and supplies via Charter planes... we have Troops over there, our military can send aid over there via Military planes! As it SHOULD be.  There is absolutely NO LOGICAL REASON to allow South Africans to enter our country from these Ebola affected countries, without putting them through some kind of quarantine. As a matter of fact the ONLY reason I can think of would be so that the virus has the chance to spread. So logically, I'm going to start believing that the people who run this ship WANT the Ebola virus here! There is absolutely NO other logical explanation to explain what's happening in our Nation. If anyone has any other alternate ideas feel free to share.

~ The CDC isn't stupid. They KNOW what's needed to contain the virus. They went to Dallas, and they allowed nurses and other healthcare workers to take care of a patient from Liberia who was dying of Ebola even though they have NO experience with a level 4 virus. NONE of us do! they let them use their Hospital issued semi protective gear (As an experiment I believe) Then....  they obviously did not supervise the activities of the workers, nor did they set up ANY kind of surveillance video to be able to watch and keep track of possible breeches of protocol (since breeches of protocol are becoming so popular in Spain and the U.S.) If they have NO CLUE how the nurse in Dallas, OR the nurse in Spain accidentally infected themselves because nobody was watching, How do they know a healthcare worker didn't take a vial of blood to sell on the black market as a bioweapon? Nobody is paying attention to Jack shit in this nation! Who's watching What? Nobody has any answers! NOBODY is accountable! And NOBODY cares!

What is going to stop a group of "terrorists" from infecting themselves with ebola, coming to the US or someplace else, and just walking around, doing all they could to infect as many people as possible?  The press would have a hayday going ape shit over this when infections started showing up randomly all over the country and the general population would follow suit and panic.

What is going to stop a group of "terrorists" from infecting themselves with Ebola, coming to the US or someplace else, and just walking around, doing all they could to infect as many people as possible?  The press would have a hayday going ape shit over this when infections started showing up randomly all over the country and the general population would follow suit and panic.

~ Ebola will stop them. Once you have the ability to "infect" people...  you're too sick to get up and do it without being noticed.It makes you so sick, so fast, and you can't spread virus until you are exhibiting symptoms (that's a fact) and once you start having symptoms, it throws you on your ass pretty quick. 

That fellow from Liberia (Thomas Eric Duncan) couldn't have spread it on a plane if he had tried. Even after you first start exhibiting symptoms the virus is so scant in your blood that the first Ebola test usually comes back negative. That's why they have to wait a few days and repeat the test. It takes two tests to confirm it because the first one is usually negative. By the time you are actually shedding a lot of virus, you are feeling pretty darn bad. I guess anything is possible though. But you can't nonchalantly walk through a public place shedding Ebola virus without looking pretty sick. It spreads through projectile vomit and diarrhea prior to hemorrhage. I think people might notice that. But nowadays.... I wouldn't put it past anyone!  :whistle:

~ Ebola will stop them. Once you have the ability to "infect" people...  you're too sick to get up and do it. That's why it's never left Africa until now. It makes you so sick, so fast, and you can't spread virus until you are exhibiting symptoms (that's a fact) and once you start having symptoms, it throws you on your ass pretty quick. 

That fellow from Liberia (Thomas Eric Duncan) couldn't have spread it on a plane if he had tried. Even after you first start exhibiting symptoms the virus is so scant in your blood that the first Ebola test usually comes back negative. That's why they have to wait a day and repeat the test. It takes two tests to confirm it because the first one is usually negative. By the time you are shedding virus, you are too sick to move. 

Great information. Thanks.

Great information. Thanks.

~ well, I changed my post. You are NOT too sick to "move' that was an expression of speech, but you ARE obviously sick to the public. The virus isn't shed like a respiratory virus. It is shed via body fluids....  if somebody is vomiting and having diarrhea in public, I think somebody will notice. But yes, the virus does put itself out there, and if done in the right public place it could very well be dangerous.

~ well, I changed my post. You are NOT too sick to "move' that was an expression of speech, but you ARE obviously sick to the public. The virus isn't shed like a respiratory virus. It is shed via body fluids....  if somebody is vomiting and having diarrhea in public, I think somebody will notice. But yes, the virus does put itself out there, and if done in the right public place it could very well be dangerous.

From what I have read, transmission rate of ebola is similar to HIV (up to two people infected by someone who is infected) and not even close to measles (airborne transmissions and 22 people infected by each person already infected).

From what I have read, transmission rate of ebola is similar to HIV (up to two people infected by someone who is infected) and not even close to measles (airborne transmissions and 22 people infected by each person already infected).

~ I've read that too, if that's true then there will probably be another victim in Dallas. I hope not. I was actually shocked that an Intensive Care nurse became infected, but this is the first case of Ebola treated in the United States in a regular hospital that wasn't a Level 4 Biocontainment Unit. The other Ebola victims who were flown in from the Doctor's without borders group were taken to highly specialized units designed for these kinds of infections in Atlanta and in Nebraska. Their teams are well trained, and they have more gear to protect them than a regular hospital. NONE of those healthcare workers have been infected. 

Measles and Smallpox are examples of TRUE Airborne infections, and yes, they spread like wildfire. I don't see Ebola spreading like "wildfire" but I do see it popping up sporadically here and there as long as they keep letting people from Western Africa fly in here with no quarantine period.

There is the ever present danger of the virus mutating though. With every person it infects... and even their new exotic Pets (dogs and cats), there is a chance of mutation.