WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swede

Snowalker

I got a call from Snowalker today. He did two tours in Afghanistan and is suffering from ptsd so severely he is on perminate disability.  He is in the middle of divorce but is attending meetings and is getting it under control. When he gets internet I hope to see him back here. He needs support and I told him we are a family.

I told him I was going to report on why and what was happening. He needs support where ever he can find it Watcher. Its hard for the people who struggle with ptsd to find help. I only offered him a place to find people who support him. Plus maybe you havent noticed only members can read this not everyone on the net.

As long as he knows and is fine with it than I have no issue. 

My best friend has PTSD and I know more than most how important it is for sufferers to receive support and encouragement.  It's an awful condition that puts the mind against itself and the world. 

As I said, just want to be sure he is okay with it.

When Sharen and I took a road trip up in Wisconsin we stopped to meet him and it became very apparent he had problems. He called me thanking him for birthday wishes I sent him. It was difficult to keep him focused while we talked. Very volatile. He is living with his parents and has no internet. If he ever shows back up here he will find friends.