WildSurvive Forum
Bushguy

Hi from Ottawa Ontario...

Just found this forum recently and find it covers a lot of good stuff very well. I hope to contribute a few of my observations and some tricks I've learned about, during my many years spent in the great outdoors.

I've been getting more and more into old-tech stuff like fire bow use, making self bows and arrows, all from natural materials. Very rewarding stuff this. :) It's all very relaxing and slows me down nicely in this fast paced and busy world.

See y'all on the forums.

Cheers!

bg

Thanks for all the warm welcomes folks. I'm working on a few pics to post, should be ready soon. :) Did I mention that I use a hammock during all of my overnight bushcraft time? So good for my semi bad back. :) Anyone else hang in here?

Thanks for all the warm welcomes folks. I'm working on a few pics to post, should be ready soon. :) Did I mention that I use a hammock during all of my overnight bushcraft time? So good for my semi bad back. :) Anyone else hang in here?

ive been hammock camping for about 4 years now, ive gotten to the point i hate sleeping on the ground, lol. cant wait for your pics and experience. razor

Welcome, Bushguy.    I love my hammock as well.

Thanx again RS. I too feel that I will never go to ground again. My HH goes Everywhere now. :)

Cool stuff OFG, so dude, what 'cha hangin' in? I swing in a Hennessy Expedition zip and I'm SO in Love. Like, my back is now fixed, for real. :)

Thanx again RS. I too feel that I will never go to ground again. My HH goes Everywhere now. :)

Cool stuff OFG, so dude, what 'cha hangin' in? I swing in a Hennessy Expedition zip and I'm SO in Love. Like, my back is now fixed, for real. :)

I use a Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro.  I use a couple of 2" tow straps so I don't cut into trees and Whoopie slings. Made a turtle dog stand (from the design over at Hammock Forum) that I use in my back yard (and once in a while in my basement when my wife isn't around...lol).

I tried a hennessy that a freind had and didnt  like trying to climb threw the slit (im 6'-2" and all of 225 pounds) it was akward to me. i just use a ENOS doubble nest. i have the enos pro fly for it but usually use a homade tarp that gives me better severe weather protection. i made a couple stands for it and use them when i car camp.