WildSurvive Forum

Kim,

I was playing with the poncho/ blanket coat that you posted on FB. I was thinking that a rock, balled up and tied off with parachute cord would work if you didn't have a large safety pin. Also saves putting a hole in your blanket.

Farm project.

Ive got a new wool blanket around here some place. I think we will take a drive down to an army surplus store and buy a couple more.

The pathfinder school used to sell an old style safety pin for making a wool blanket poncho

I found these 50+60 blankets at big lots for $3 bucks apiece. Pretty thin but should work so I bought 10  :P  We can all make the ponchos.

ywmdtC.jpg

omg this is great  :thumbsup: I have some para cord I can bring this is a awesome idea now to find some rocks  :) great idea muddy and thanks swede can't wait oh I better calm down  scared011.gif

I have a box full of Chestnuts that are perfect size and smooth to keep from tearing the material. Im thinking para-cord with hangmans nooses on both ends just slip the loop over the nut and slide the noose tight.  That way we can let the cord out longer and you can adjust how tight you want the coat pulled together by tying a loop in the middle to shorten the string or let it out..

I am currently making summer sausage and deer jerky for farmagedon.  Should have 10 pounds of each done by tommorow. Im making some deer sticks too with OFG,s toxic waste....anyone eats those probably wont need a wool blanket. Lol

I unrolled one of these $3 blankets and their very thin. Oh well it probably wont be that cold any way.  :P

I unrolled one of these $3 blankets and their very thin. Oh well it probably wont be that cold any way.  :P

Yeah it's never cold during Farmageddon. Doesn't rain either.

Ive got to reserve two porta potties,  cut cured oak for the camp fire, dig out the tarps for the shelter, find Kims tent I think its up stairs in the house to keep the mice out of it. I may need another tent for Emma if she decides to come. The van is running in case we need it. I need to mow the trails one more time.  :hmm:

Ok. Deer sausage turned out great. And dont worry kim. I obly made the sticks hotter than the surface of the sun.  Swede i will be there around noon on friday. Put me to work. Ill do anything you need done. Hopefully we dont need a wind break 

Ill round up some more help here. We have chairs and tables to bring over along with tieing down the tarps on the frame. Tents to put up and four wheelers to fuel up and air up tires. Is Ronin coming?

Potties ordered check  Oak limb thats been hanging since last year at the bottom of the hill below the dam is down on the ground. Should do most of the cooking. I have a bundle of saw mill drop off for regular camp fire. The trails are mowed except for the far north bottom it was too wet to attempt it with my 950 John Deere with turf tires.

I heard from Holly and her and Ant wont be coming. A close relative is on life support and they are really busy with opening new weight loss centers.

oh thats to bad I would have loved to see holly and her husband my prayers are with them is watcher and taken coming I hope emma comes I really like her most of my laundry done so I can pack hey swede can you and sharen have fudge I can get you guys some at the farmers market can't wait it's like christmas for me

It would be better for us to make some fudge here then carrying it across the country Kim. Im not sure about Taken or Emma at this point.