WildSurvive Forum

Camp ground mowed again, Saw mill drop off fire wood piled up by the camp fire area. I used my loader tractor bucket to dig some out of the pile. I broke away some limbs with my tractor on the hickory tree that fell down this spring so we can cut some if we need some hickory fire wood. Were cutting this Saturday.

Were going to get some more potatoes dug today because it rained some to make digging better. We need to do some weed wackin done around the trailers at the camp ground. Ill have to get my chain saw ready for a big day tomorrow of cutting fire wood for the camp fire cooking.

The fire wood pile is done. Cured Oak, partially cured Hickory, lumber yard drop off and dead Elm. If this aint enough well cut some more.

GkFu7u.jpg

Swedish Torch.

3GvNAP.jpg

The fire wood pile is done. Cured Oak, partially cured Hickory, lumber yard drop off and dead Elm. If this aint enough well cut some more.

GkFu7u.jpg

Swedish Torch.

3GvNAP.jpg

Holy batoning wood Batman!

Were going to light the elm stump and just let it go. I have to figure out some kind of tinder or fuel to start it burning.

I have to look up the tarps for the shelter today. If Doc shows up Sunday we should have the frame covered.

Im going to wait till the last minute to haul the tables and chairs over. Ive got some fire brick pieces to put under the edge of the tire rim to let air under the edge. Im hoping the farmer doesnt pick the corn so we will have a good wind break from the west. I dont know If the bottom dweller Dave wants to put up a TP.

Ill see if i can get a camvas wall for a break.  If not ill bring lots of tarps

Ive got lots of tarps here.

We got the crick crossing fixed today.Its steep coming up the bank but the four wheel drives made it fine.

Im going to try to make it atleast one day this year but.I wont know my work schedule till the week of.

Ive got one more four wheeler to get running so they will be ready. I still have to find the roof for the shelter a 20 +20 tarp. I found the sides.  Their starting to pick corn around this area. Im hoping the farmer wont pick the corn here till after the party. Rain in the forecast for tonight.

I went over a got a camp fire burning. The wood is still wet from the rain but diesel fuel helped a great deal.  :thumbup: